Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

confusing behaviour!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, posted a few months back about my then boyfriend..just wondered if u could give me some advice?
I was with him 2.5 years and i still love him to bits. i havent a clue why?! Its clear he didnt treat me right. The thing is, i split up with him two months ago, but we have carried on talking and texting. This is not at all good, i know. But he still says he wants us to be together, tells me he loves me etc.
But he hasnt done anything else to get me back..i dont understand this. He has had to work the last two weekends (i'm away at uni), but there was plenty of time before now? Granted he did ask me to see him the day before i came back to uni but he'd had three weeks before that so i said no! What does he want from me?! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I think in these situations, it's always best to judge them on their actions, rather than what they say.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I think in these situations, it's always best to judge them on their actions, rather than what they say.

Based on my experience, I'd have to second that.
  • Options
    He doesn't want you but he doesn't want anyone else to have you, so he's keeping you on a long leash and reeling you in every few days/weeks so that you still think there is hope that something will happen.

He may snog/shag you just to keep you hanging on.

If I were were you I'd delete his numbers and ignore him. Enjoy university, snog some other people, have fun....
  • Options
    i must say i agree with all above replies! if he really meant it he would be showing you not just telling you, e.g. coming to see you not asking you to put effort to see him!! i think just delete his numbers if he calls just say whose this, do i know you? lololololol
  • Options
    byny wrote:
    He doesn't want you but he doesn't want anyone else to have you, so he's keeping you on a long leash and reeling you in every few days/weeks so that you still think there is hope that something will happen.

:yes:

sounds like a lot of relationships/situations i've been in. Best thing to do it just get on with your life and forget about him. It's hard when you keep thinking something might happen, but eventually you'll realise it won't. The sooner you do this the better.