Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dutch government to track every child from birth using new database

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dutch fight crime with 'cradle to grave' database

We'll be chipping everyone like dogs in the next decade or two and tracking them everywhere they go and logging everything they say to make sure they aren't suspected of offending the State.

If they have nothing to hide... :mad:

Comments

• Options
    I like this bit -
    For privacy reasons, no individual or agency will be able to access the contents of any file.

Huh? What's the point then -
    But the database will be used by organisations to warn each other of a certain person's dubious record on anything from petty thieving to school truancy.

Oh! the first sentence was bullshit. What's the difference between an agency and an organisation anyway?

Never underestimate the will of those who want to violently take over your life. This is just one moe example of why the fiction of "state" of "country" must be stamped out as an enforced belief.
  • Options
    ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the panopticon. You ARE being watched.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Woooo for Police State. The State loves you. No, the state does not know what happened to your liberties. Go away.

But in the country of legal hookers and weed? WTF?! I cry in despair. What the hell is going on? My head cannot cope with this. ARG!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Woooo for Police State. The State loves you. No, the state does not know what happened to your liberties. Go away.

But in the country of legal hookers and weed? WTF?! I cry in despair. What the hell is going on? My head cannot cope with this. ARG!
    ah maybe that is the catch 22 of the thing, no one will show up on the matrix because all the petty stuff is legal there. lol
  • Options
    ah maybe that is the catch 22 of the thing, no one will show up on the matrix because all the petty stuff is legal there. lol
    :lol: Yes, becuase if UK police are anything to go by, they are too busy catching minor criminals like speeders an weed smokers to tackle anything major.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: Yes, becuase if UK police are anything to go by, they are too busy catching minor criminals like speeders an weed smokers to tackle anything major.

First of all, speeding is a potentially serious offence. In addition to which, motorists complain about being caught by huge, bright yellow speed cameras when they are.....yup - breaking the law. Sorry, but the police SHOULD be dealing with speeders, together with all other motoring offences.

Secondly, if you can show me a police officer who deals with a weed smoker, I'll campaign to have him transferred to my local police force as Chief Constable. Class A, B and C drugs should be scrapped, and they should all come under the single heading of illegal drugs. 25 years mandatory hard labour sentence for a first offence, life (as in you leave jail dead) for dealing.

Of course all of that would involve being tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime. Something no political party is prepared to be unless they get heckled.

Root
  • Options
    ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the panopticon. You ARE being watched.

Wasn't the whole point of the panopticon that you never knew if you were being watched or not?
  • Options
    root wrote:

Secondly, if you can show me a police officer who deals with a weed smoker, I'll campaign to have him transferred to my local police force as Chief Constable. Class A, B and C drugs should be scrapped, and they should all come under the single heading of illegal drugs. 25 years mandatory hard labour sentence for a first offence, life (as in you leave jail dead) for dealing.

Oh dear, we've got a live one here folks!
    root wrote:
    Of course all of that would involve being tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime. Something no political party is prepared to be unless they get heckled.

Root

So what do you think the causes of crime are?
  • Options
    Woo, this guy is fun. Obviously speeding is as bad as mass murder!