Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bruises

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've noticed i seem to get big bruises on my legs every now and then, and i can never re-call bumping them or anything. I don't think i do it in my sleep. A few weeks ago i had a massive bruise about 1/2 the size of my palm on the side of my knee which took about 2 weeks to go totally. It turned a really horrible purple then yellow colour. Now tonight in the bath i noticed one at the back of the same leg, i had an itch there for no reason a few days ago now its a really sore bruise. It hurts just to run my finger over it.
Is it normal to get such big bruises and not know how they got there?? And i only ever notice them when im in the bath shaving my legs lol.

Comments

• Options
    it doesnt sound normal to me, but i dont know obviously. get it checked out asap, it sounds very unusual!
  • Options
    can bruises be caused by stretching? because i dance i have a habit of randomly stretching my legs whenever i can???
  • Options
    i dont think so. i know stretch marks occur when your skin streches and shrinks fully, but i think that's over a longer time period!
  • Options
    I get random bruises sometimes, where I don't know where they've come from, but rarely anything that big! Bruising is bleeding beneath the skin (as I'm sure you know) so I don't think that can be very good!
  • Options
    well the 1 i had on my knee was the first time i've ever had a bruise that big, they're usually abit bigger than a 50p, like the 1 i have now
  • Options
    it always seems to happen to me too, i always seem to find massive bruises on my legs when im in the bath!! I always just put it down to drunken nights out and stumbling into things and not remembering because it didnt hurt at the time?? maybe you just bruise easily??