Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cilest and Nausea.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been on cilest for about nine months, nut the last couple of times I have been having really bad nausea during the last week and when I have my break. I mentioned this when I went to the doctors for my check up, and they mentioned running two packets together or only a four-day break. I cant do the first as I've done it before and makes me feel terrible, while I'm not sure about the second.

Has anyone else this pronlem, or know any way I can deal with my nausea without taking any medicine for it.

Comments

• Options
    You can try ginger or milky drinks.
  • Options
    If you are suffering from nausea this could be your bodies way of saying "I don't wanna take these pills anymore!" and it might be worth switching to a different brand of contraceptive pill.

I found the common side effects of cilest, unfortunately nausea is one of them. I think it would be worth switching your pill now though, 9 months on one type is quite a long time.. especially if you are now suffering from ill side-effects.

Common side effects of Cilest:

# Depression
    # Severe skin rash (erythema multiforme)
    # Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention), resulting in swelling (oedema)
    # Breast tenderness/swelling
    # Nausea and vomiting
    # Weight changes
    # Vaginal thrush (candidiasis)
    # Headache/migraine
    # Changes in sex drive
    # Menstrual spotting between periods
    # Change in menstrual bleeding
    # Discomfort when wearing contact lenses
    # Rise in blood pressure
    # Stopping of periods or infrequent periods after discontinuing the pill
  • Options
    I found the common side effects of cilest, unfortunately nausea is one of them.
    Nausea is a listed side effect of every drug known to man. And 9 months is not a long time on one type of pill.

I think some qualified medical advice is called for here - see your GP if it continues.
  • Options
    It is if your body is reacting like this. :S

I was on one type of mini pill for about 6 months before this started happening, I got switched to a different one (there are something like 16-20 different types of mini pill available) and the problems went away.

Medical advice should always be sought. Call NHS Direct on 0845 7 48 49 if you need an opinion from nursing staff working on there 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
  • Options
    Indeed, there are lots of different pills because women react in different ways, so I agree that a change of pill may be recommended.
    Call NHS Direct on 0845 7 48 49 if you need an opinion from nursing staff working on there 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
    With the greatest of respect to the staff at NHS Direct, who are wonderful and really rather attractive (does GWST still work there?), all they will advise is to see your GP.
  • Options
    Seeing your GP to discuss further is probably the best idea, but you could also call either one of these guys - the fpa is manned by trained nurses so you'll get good advice:

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Web: www.brook.org.uk
    Tel: 0800 018 5023

Also, don't forget the pill isn't your only option - many women just don't suit the pill and there are loads of other forms of contarception available. Check out our contraception factsheets here to read up more.

Hope you get it sorted soon. :)
  • Options
    Call NHS Direct on 0845 7 48 49
    That's National Rail Enquiries isn't it?

NHS Direct is on 0845 4647
  • Options
    I'm on Cliest too, and it makes me feel really sick as well. :( I've only been on it for 2 months, but I'm def. going to the doctors to get another brand - why don't you just make a dr's appt and say that you want to change pill brand? there's quite a few brands of pill out there, and, as I see it, there's no point sticking with Cliest if there are others that will suit me better.