Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to calm down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after an incodent last night at home that ended with one of my friends boyfriends being warned (not cautioned :mad: ) by the police for screaming through our letter box that he was going to petrol bomb out flat. i am terrified, i know im over reacting but he has just scared me so much. i keep feeling like im going to start crying againand have spent the time since locked in my room.

things dont usually bother me, i can brush most things off and dont scare easily but this has got to me, maybe its because i know he's a nut job and ment what he said.

how can i calm down, i have to go to work in 4 hours, i cant spend all this time locked away i am at uni and have lectures to go to.

everyone else in the house is fine so im obviously over reacting.

any ideas to stop me being such a nervous reck would be great please

Comments

• Options
    Talk to your housemates about it.
  • Options
    iv tried talkin to them but they just told me to stop being so irrational. its driving me mad i keep seing things out the corner of my eyes when theres nothing even moving in my room, i went to the tiolet least night and was covinced i had seen him in the kitchen.
  • Options
    You've had a fright - of course you're going to be paranoid for a while. It is a normal reaction to a terrifying experience.

But the only way to deal with the fear is to confront it. If you see something moving out of the corner of your eye, turn the light on and have a good look round. If you hear a noide, check it out.

The more worked up you get, the harder it will be to break the cycle of fear.
  • Options
    tahnkyou for your replies, iv been to sleep for a couple of hours (something i didnt get any of last night) and am feeling slightly more sane now