Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone got any tips for getting stains out of clothing? I've bought some vanish, and have soaked it in that for hours, and i'm just about to try using vanish in a washing machine. Trouble is the washing machines i've got to use are kind of rubbish cos i think they only use cold water... and last time i used them they fluffed on my clothes. This is one of my favourite tops but it's white and so very annoying to clean. I had got some black pen on it which i was struggling to get off before then spilling some noodle juice down the side.

I suppose if all else fails i'll just decorate it so that it looks like a design rather than a stain, but i'd rather just have the top!

Comments

• Options
    If it's all white and the label doesn't say do not bleach, use bleach.

First try soaking it in a bowl of bleach solution. If that doesn't work, have a bowl/sink of cold water ready, put a little bit of neat bleach just on the spots where the stains are. Rub it in a little, very gently, with your finger and thumb then watch it. The stains should fade pretty quickly and as soon as they do, rinse it in the water. Then wash it as usual.

I assume you can get bleach in Beijing? You'd think it was a different galaxy, not a different country the way I'm talking, lol. But hey, I don't have a clue. :D
  • Options
    Anything that is advertised as "oxi" or has oxygen technology as a key ingredient is generally a good bet, you might have to use it a few times but chances are it will work