Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MS's long horn was broken...

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I found this article.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Longhorn is the new ME, it's official.

I'll wait 'till the next OS after it thanks. They'll be released at the same time it looks like now. Like ME and 2k...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've been keeping up with the beta's of longhorn, and they're not going in any kind of direction at the moment. It's just XP with a new visual style, animated transparent windows (which really piss me off) and a search tool much like google desktop search. some people would argue that XP was just 2k with a skin though. I probably won't try LH again till the next big beta, but i doubt anything will have changed.
  • Options
    From reading the report, it seems a big problem is the way everything is tied into everything else. Which was MS's policy, its how they squeezed out the opposition.

I would guess that while you don't see much changing, they are reworking the basic stuff to make it more modular, hopefully without breaking anything. If they get that right, they will be able to make leaps forward.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    noog wrote:
    i've been keeping up with the beta's of longhorn, and they're not going in any kind of direction at the moment. It's just XP with a new visual style, animated transparent windows (which really piss me off) and a search tool much like google desktop search. some people would argue that XP was just 2k with a skin though. I probably won't try LH again till the next big beta, but i doubt anything will have changed.
    :yes: It looks asthetically worse, imho.

Hope we can change it back to the 2k skin like you can XP if they force everyone to upgrade to it for new programs, ;(
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Longhorn is the new ME, it's official.

I'll wait 'till the next OS after it thanks. They'll be released at the same time it looks like now. Like ME and 2k...

Your probably right there! The shocking thing is that it only took Microsoft approx 1 year to make a rush job of Win ME. For Longhorn (or "Vista") it took MS 5 years to do it by the time it gets released next year.

I'm sticking with 2000.