Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jerky rig

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just put a new wireless PCI card in my box (802.11g) and since then but PC has been a little jerky like when scrolling up/down or typing it the address bar or what ever, it seems to jerk as if it freezes for a few seconds. It didn't do this before put it in, ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Take the card out completely and re-insert it. See if the problem is still there.
  • Options
    Already tried that mate, still no luck :(. Also tried in another PCI slot as well.
  • Options
    Sounds faulty to me, unless it's entirely software based and the pc is old and slow.
  • Options
    Nope not slow, P4 2.8ghz chip/1GB Kingston ram, must be faulty.
  • Options
    Sorted it. Was to do with an XP process called Wireless Zero Configuration, what this does is every minute or so it will drop your connection for like half a second to check for available networks. Just had to stop the service, but as it turns its self back on every time you restart your PC, just had to make a .bat and stick it in my Startup folder so it's stopped every time Win starts.