Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has the internet broken?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Half the sites I'm going on are experiencing difficulties etc. including gmail, hotmail, etc. I mean I can get through after badgering.. but just thought it was bizarre.

Comments

• Options
    Having closely analysed your situation, i have decided to deem your internet connection 'Shit'.
  • Options
    not only does it sound more like a dns error than the internet breaking, it also sounds more like comp and net
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Doofay wrote:
    Having closely analysed your situation, i have decided to deem your internet connection 'Shit'.

Fucking true.

Shyboy, reset your modem or something, eh?

Oh, and the internet has ALWAYS been broken, just not that badly. :p Also bear in mind you are using something called "Windows" which likes to identify itself as a virus.
  • Options
    I've been having problems with Hotmail today saying that it can't find the server and msn messenger took ages to log in.
  • Options
    rushin wrote:
    I've been having problems with Hotmail today saying that it can't find the server and msn messenger took ages to log in.

Its the MS server, its shit. Don't expect better.
  • Options
    ah yes, lets all jump on the anti MS bandwagon because its the "l33t" thing to do!1!!
  • Options
    Especially when they fuck up my account.

I dunno, latley the server has been tripe. Its picking up, but it isn't as reliable as before. Besides, if I was MS bashing, i'd be likley to say:
    "OMG its cos you use IE get firefox.com1!! Ie doesn't load webpages ever"
    It loads more often than firefux for me. And without breaking my favourites list.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Its the MS server, its shit. Don't expect better.

such a typical "i hate msn" arguement
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:

Such a typical gay
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:

I lost all my account details for alot of stuff!

The good thing is, I recently got a free storage upgrade! Woo!
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Such a typical gay

talking to the mirror again? ;)
  • Options
    = you
  • Options
    you
  • Options
    nou
  • Options
    End of day you get what you pay for. If microsoft supply free things that are heavily used the servers are going to struggle. If people were paying to use hotmail then they can whinge but as it a freebie then nobody really has a leg to stand on when they complain the server is busy.
  • Options
    Unless they are the worlds richest company as we all pay for their ither produce. Unless you've got a Mac, but then I doubt you'd use Hotmail anyway, or any microsoft product. Or if you use Linux.

But let's face it, nearly everyone uses MS stuff. Hotmail hardly costs them anything I bet, compared to what they get in.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    jake0 wrote:
    ah yes, lets all jump on the anti MS bandwagon because its the "l33t" thing to do!1!!
    It's also 1337 to hate apple.

LETS ALL GET LINUX AND DIE OF CONFUSION ;[
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Unless they are the worlds richest company as we all pay for their ither produce. Unless you've got a Mac, but then I doubt you'd use Hotmail anyway, or any microsoft product. Or if you use Linux.

But let's face it, nearly everyone uses MS stuff. Hotmail hardly costs them anything I bet, compared to what they get in.

Being the worlds richest company means they have to give out loads of free stuff?!!

Hotmail costs quite a lot to run each day. As does MSN Messenger and a lot of the technology that goes into the free online things that Microsoft own.

You don't have to use microsoft you choose to. If you choose them and decide you are going to utilise the free things they offer (even though hotmail can be used by just about any OS as it web based) then you really don't have any reason to complain about the money they pour into gifts for everyday people.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

lmao :lol:
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    It's also 1337 to hate apple.

LETS ALL GET LINUX AND DIE OF CONFUSION ;[

I have a version of DS Linux that is confusing, decided never to use it again, except when I tried putting it on a college computer which then claimed its HDD didn't exist, and none of the other drives did. ;(

Linux breaks PC's.
  • Options
    lmao :lol:

Do not laugh, I have a good internet connection. For the record a) gmail servers were down for a day, now they work b) hotmail servers were down and now they're working, c) some other servers were down too :p. I didn't get the usual timeout, it would go to their webpage and say they are experiencing difficulties try again later, but on loads of websites, so I thought something a bit fishy was going on :p.

And also, Microsoft, for all we might hate them, gave us the computer we know today. No amount of 'well, there's linux...' and all this changes that :p microsoft might have the biggest profits, but what do they do with it? Invest it right back into R & D. They've progressively pushed the boundarys of technology outward faster than any other firm or company in the world.