Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shaving spots,eek!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im 20 years old and suffer from the usual spotty skin that surrounds my age group. But i dont mind that, its just the ones that appear above my lip in the shaving area. They are bright red, noticeable and can be quite painful at times, can also take a while to disapear.

I have wondered if using mositurerser(spelling) would decrease chances of appearing but im unsure. Does anyone else suffer/ have remedies for these particular kinds of spots?

Cheers all

Comments

• Options
    Hi im 20 years old and suffer from the usual spotty skin that surrounds my age group. But i dont mind that, its just the ones that appear above my lip in the shaving area. They are bright red, noticeable and can be quite painful at times, can also take a while to disapear.

I have wondered if using mositurerser(spelling) would decrease chances of appearing but im unsure. Does anyone else suffer/ have remedies for these particular kinds of spots?

Cheers all

Shaving smarter would probabaly help.

i.e. don`t shave too close or against the grain.

Boots sells a special razor for sensitive skin, it works well, most multiblade razors shave too close and end up scrapping the skin which when you`re a teenager helps irritate the skin and helps cause spots
  • Options