Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Had some good news today...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wanted to share it... (warning could be a long post)

I had my follow up appointment for my operation last may with my gynae and it was mainly very good news :D

Well first of all, he thinks there is a chance I won't get any endo growing back because of how it was caused... most people with endo seem to spontaniously get it in places whereas mine was backing up my left fallopian tube because it couldn't get out the usual way and it was too much for my body to absorb so it grew into a cyst...
This is seriously good news for if I ever want kids, I can come off the pill knowing my remaining tube probably won't block up and I won't have loads of pain kicking off again!!! :yippe:

Second bit of good news... He found that I don't have a bicornuate uterus actually, I have a uterus didelphys instead... which is having a double uterus instead of one uterus split in half - this also means chance for having kids is improved a bit because of the walls of the uterus are better... can't explain that properly but never mind! :)

Anyway... he explained more about what happened during the operation (he'd aparently had to get a bowel surgeon in to do a tricky bit because he wanted to avoid a colostomy! :crazyeyes
Anyways bla bla bla...

Also aparently, my bowel being stuck to my uterus could have been having an affect on my absorbing things (I've put 1/2 a stone on since the operation) and he thinks it could be connected... :thumb: - that is good news btw, I'm underweight...

Right, getting to the bit that isn't such good news...
He doesn't want to operate on me to take the useless side of my womb out unless I get crippled with pain again (which he said was a 50/50 chance). It'd be a pretty huge operation and knock me well off my feet... well it'd be a demi-hysterectomy so no wonder really. And sounded like it wouldn't be without risks with my bowel too...
But he also said the day to day pains I've been getting shouldn't be adhesions and are likely to be my womb mucking about. So I'm sort of stuck with these pains for however long and maybe forever so I'm sort of a tad disappointed with that. I know I'll just have to learn to live with it and people live with a lot worse, but it's just the fact that it's something in there that's so useless and shouldn't even be there and causing me pain and making life just a bit more difficult! GRR! Also doesn't feel like I can completly relax and like shocking pain could be lurking round the corner still... at least I'm used to it ay? :rolleyes:

ANYWAY! I shall not let that get me down, the main thing is things are kinda looking up for me now :D I can think about getting a job and stuff... :shocking:

Sorry if non of the above made any sense, I'm just so pleased!

Comments

• Options
    Well done. Hope that puts your mind at rest to some extent. Is 'endo' your shorthand for endometriosis?

Medically speaking, you're fascinating. Beware ever going to a teaching hospital. ;)
  • Options
    sounds good!

being ill = blows goats.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Medically speaking, you're fascinating. Beware ever going to a teaching hospital. ;)

HA! I do... And I'm regularly told how interesting I am... you don't know the half of it :razz: I am a walking wonder... :angel: Luckily I don't mind... I find it all very interesting. :thumb:
  • Options
    That's GREAT news Lu!I'm REALLY pleased for you :thumb: You're a great mate and I'm really chuffed :) I hope you're course is still going well too and you can look forward to getting a job and the rest of your life! lol
  • Options
    Awww, I'm so happy for you! It's fab news! Good luck with whatever you want to do. :thumb:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    Just wanted to share it... (warning could be a long post)

A few more posts like this and you'll have enough material to put in that book you're too lazzzzzeee to write .. LOL :thumb:

Anyway you know I'm just teasing you ... good to hear you're doing well :)
  • Options
    Thats great news i'm really happy for you, I hope you don't get too much futher pain and good luck with the job hunting!