Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strangest thing in your wardrobe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the oddest and probably most uneeded item of clothing you own?

For me it is a suit from the 1980's. My dad gave it to me yesterday saying that I might have an excuse to wear it at uni. heh.

Comments

• Options
    probably this
  • Options
    some of my old costumes from dance shows, including a bright orange and green 60's style one
  • Options
    Probably my yellow Hulk "Hulkamania" Hogan costume that i made for fancy dress a while back.

Other than that i have a t-shirt from prague that says "Czech me out" on the front and a Czech flag, thought it was hilariously funny at the time.
  • Options
    not sure i have anything strange in my wardrobe really. though i do have an authentic hat from i think finland. :D
  • Options
    I've got this hideous pair of tartan trousers, I think they were my Mums from the 70's or something...I wore them once for a fancy dress party.
  • Options
    hrmm.. ive got my mums wedding dress in my wardrobe froom.. 32 years ago! :o

its green velvet, floor length with a hood.. kindve looks like a monks/lepers robes but green! :D
    in fact one year i wore it on halloween and dressed up as a witch... and i WON the fancy dress lol ;)
    my mum wasnt too impressed... :no:
  • Options
    The strangest thing in my wardrobe is the bodies of 3 ex-boyfriends......lol

No! Erm it would have to be either the disgusting satin trousers my mother bought me one christmas that i feel too bad to throw out or give away or my handmade multicoloured jacket with hood I got for my 16th birthday lots of people have got some similar but mine was an "original". I wore it to death for a year, I don't know why, it looked awful.
    But it has been resigned to the closet now for use only at festivals and wanting to look weird and like a hobo. I wore it one day in Notting Hill whilst I sat down with some shopping bags on the floor. I made £15 in three minutes from sitting there looking like a tramp. And I wasn't even trying to do that!
  • Options
    My sainsburys uniform that I've kept :/ Dunno why though.
  • Options
    Yeh, I got a Megabowl work top that I heve kept as house/lounging clothes and my Maccy D's uniform and badge.
  • Options
    Has to be the hat with hair attached that my father bought me.... It has long curly frizzy brown hair, and a red and green hat with a demon on the top, and "FUENGIROLA"... shame he bought it in Malaga.....
  • Options

oh yes my tesco uniform. woo.

we have to give it back when we leave though! well, the ones we got given free when we started.
  • Options
    I used to sleep in my boyfriend's old Sainsbury's uniform haha
  • Options
    Umm... I had a huge clearout the other month so weirdness is pretty limited at the moment.

I have a kids t-shirt with a painting of a greyhound on the front that my mother bought me for no apparent reason. But thats not strange.. just geeky.
    I have slippers in the shape of santa's head, so your feet go in his mouth.
    And another patchwork pair in the shape of giant elf shoes that my bf found the other day and put on (OH THE SHAAAAAAME). I've also got a large collection of santa beards, funny hats in the shape of cheeses, rugby balls etc, and a lot of fake strap-on noses that my friends and I find funnily perverse.
    I don't really have any strange clothes anymore, but I used to have a orange and white optical illusion shirt which was pretty bad.
  • Options
    Probably my pirate's hat.

:)
  • Options
    I've got a balaclava/cap in the house...wish I had a pic of it, it's really weird looking.
  • Options
    The strangest thing in my wardrobe is... a PVC fetish outfit that I bought for £2.50 from a car boot....

Ilora x
  • Options
    Is.... this really weird hairy looking zip up jacket thing from Punkyfish that I bought years ago while going through a 'grungey' phase, and should of got rid of.... urgh it still makes me shudder. It looked like a small animal...
  • Options
    The weirdest thing I have is my poncho....my mum knitted it for me and its wool resembles a dead cat.
  • Options
    My uniform for beauty therapy at college. It makes me look like an under-age dentist.
  • Options
    I have a poncho thing I got from an Aunt and Uncle many moons ago, never worn it, not my style.
  • Options
    Is.... this really weird hairy looking zip up jacket thing from Punkyfish that I bought years ago while going through a 'grungey' phase, and should of got rid of.... urgh it still makes me shudder. It looked like a small animal...

I had one of those passed on to me when I was a mosh. Its red and purple and really hairy. I remember getting really embarrassed when I showed it off at school and everyone called me a gorilla.

My mothers the only person who wears it now :yuck:
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I had one of those passed on to me when I was a mosh. Its red and purple and really hairy. I remember getting really embarrassed when I showed it off at school and everyone called me a gorilla.

My mothers the only person who wears it now :yuck:

they are just plain unneeded. Also what is it with mothers that they feel the need to adopt discarded items from one's wardrobes?? She's normally pretty stylish, but sometimes God help me! She's left the hairy thing alone though.... for now! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    they are just plain unneeded. Also what is it with mothers that they feel the need to adopt discarded items from one's wardrobes?? She's normally pretty stylish, but sometimes God help me! She's left the hairy thing alone though.... for now! :crazyeyes

I know! If I get things passed onto me which I don't like (normally punkyfish hoodies and baggy jeans - not my style) then my mother starts wearing them. I think they make her look even older hehe.
  • Options
    An oversized button up bright yellow shirt w/ twinkie the kid all over it. I wear it sometimes when I want to make my fiance mad :p

and wooden platforms.
  • Options
    Probably bright pink shiny lycra cycling shorts from when I was about 10 and the scariest thing is they still fit.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A step ladder. Not so odd when you consider the Loft access is through my wardrobe...

Clothes wise... erm, probably the old dress-up stuff from when we went to Kentwell hall... think it's still in there.
  • Options
    I got more stuff from my dad now.. A waistcoat and 2 skinny ties... My dad was obviously fashionable before his time......when he was 40 ten years ago....
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I guess for me it would just be a sock that fit me when I was less than a year old.