Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Braces and retainers (sp)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well today I got my brace off which I am so glad of. Anyway I got fixed retainers in but it has only been a few hours and the top one has come off!!!! Surely this is not a good sign!

Has anyone here got fixed ones? If so what were you told to do and what were to you told to avoid?

Comments

• Options
    How about going back to see your dentist tomorrow and ask?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    How about going back to see your dentist tomorrow and ask?

I am doing considering I have to go back and get it put back on but I was just wondering if anyone else had them.
  • Options
    I had one that I just wore at night and I can't remember any particular advice they gave - except to wear it regularly.

I'd imagine a fixed retainer would have the same warnings as a fixed brace (what's the difference btw?) - chewing gum, acidy drinks, hard foods eg nuts etc...
  • Options
    Actually I have had a fixed one and the left side was not fixed enough for it to remain there, so it went off :yes: It was terrible as it hanged in my mouth for a couple of days until i saw my dentist next day :o but it was a result of the lack of laxity of the cement. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I didn't have a fixed one, I had a removeable "gum-shield" kinda one, but my advice to anyone is WEAR IT! I didn't wear mine as much as I should and two years later it's noticeable that my teeth have moved again slightly. I wish I'd worn mine more :(