Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugs Survey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4205464.stm

Opinions?

Apparently Ketamine is on the rise in the club scene. I'm not really surprised, ecstacy use has gone done considerably this past few years and I guess people want to try something different. However I don't see it overtaking any of the more popular drugs.

Comments

• Options
    the powers that be ...from cops to courts ...have become far more tolerant of drug use and posession over the last ten/fifteen years.
    the result i believe will be a decline in the use of most illegal drugs.
  • Options
    I'm inclined to think this survey is a little timely in its appearance, ketamine is in the works to be banned, it does the government well to suggest its use is sky rocketing.

I would be massively surprised if ketamine use is anywhere near the mid to late 90's level, there was loads of it about then.
  • Options
    Yeh I hear the Government is trying to make it a class C drug now so maybe it is a bit timely.
  • Options
    I really should read the link before commenting, Drugscope is quite respected so it would be wierd for them to do the governments donkey work.

But this 'massive rise' is still odd, I would be curious to see the spread of towns they did last time and the ones they did this time. Ket has always been more of a midlands and northern thing.
  • Options
    The headline on the front of the metro was that Ket is the new E - I laughted my sox off - they were talking about it like its some new drug noones ever heard of before.

But yes I can't imagine there has been a massive increase - but who knows.
  • Options
    It also depends heavily on the type of club they are going to, if they are searching out the largest clubs in the Uk then probably one person there will be able to get most drugs, thats not really representative of the country as a whole.
  • Options
    At 50p each you're probably getting the same as a large number of other people, the dealer is probably making less profit or shifting more. I'd be hugely surprised if that was in deals of less than 100 though.
  • Options
    I dont take speed, to me its shit.....builds you up for fuck all but £2.00 a gramme? :no: You know what they say : if it looks to good to be true.......it probably is!! lmao
  • Options
    I definately agree the use is on the rise, here in South Wales I've been speaking to more and more people who are trying it for the first time. I've tried it on 3 seperate occasions, and I have to say, the purity changes drastically!

Its an amazing high, but not for everyone.