Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cant stop doing pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cant seem to stop doing pills. I mean its not like every day, just every weekend, but usually quite a few. I often say im guna ave a rest, but then dont. Has anyone ever had difficulty laying off for a few months? Is ther nethin u folk can recommend?

Comments

• Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    I cant seem to stop doing pills. I mean its not like every day, just every weekend, but usually quite a few. I often say im guna ave a rest, but then dont. Has anyone ever had difficulty laying off for a few months? Is ther nethin u folk can recommend?

i went for a year practically every weekend, and for a year before that on and off, it's very hard, i know what it feels like, during the week, you say you won't, come friday night, "gimme gimme gimme", it's hard to give up, but coming from someone who's been there, done that, don't take them every weekend, you'll just end up fucking your head up, that's all i can do, is show you the way, now you have to walk it, just take pills on special occassions, when it feels like a perfect night to do them...
  • Options
    professional help?
  • Options
    Yeah but that exactly is meant by professional help?
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    professional help?

what? no offence and i don't care what anyone else says but wise yourself up will ya, i've always been a firm believer that if you dig a hole for yourself, then you and only you can get out, if you're really that concerned about pills then you would stop, proffesional help, haha bollocks, no offence like
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Do any of you who stopped taking pills for an amount of time actually have any constructive experiences to share here?
  • Options
    A while. I cant remember exactly how long. March time i wud say.. a lot over xmas time aswell, then had a break, then started up again in march n ave been doin them pretty much every weekend since then and sometimes during the week.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    yes but jonny would need to give more information as such, like how long he has been taking pills and so forth,

Well, not really, because he isn't asking for professional advice, just asking for people to share what has worked for them.
  • Options
    When I crave a session but don't want to take pills I usually like to take a bit of a smoke. Usually with a little bit of alcohol. It gives you a nice fluffy drunk stoned feeling. Obviously it's not the same as pills and it's really only substitution, but if you're worried about pill use, then maybe you should give it a go. It's not the greatest advice but I understand how hard it is, when you just want to get mooned.

Oh, and I wouldn't talk to Frank, he talks shite in my exprience. I rang him one time just for a test to see if he could tell me some things about pill use I was curious about. All he could do was re-direct me to NHS Direct. :yeees:
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    When I crave a session but don't want to take pills I usually like to take a bit of a smoke. Usually with a little bit of alcohol. It gives you a nice fluffy drunk stoned feeling. Obviously it's not the same as pills and it's really only substitution, but if you're worried about pill use, then maybe you should give it a go. It's not the greatest advice but I understand how hard it is, when you just want to get mooned.

Oh, and I wouldn't talk to Frank, he talks shite in my exprience. I rang him one time just for a test to see if he could tell me some things about pill use I was curious about. All he could do was re-direct me to NHS Direct. :yeees:

I phoned them up one time for a laugh and asked various questions to test their knowledge. Couldn't get one straight answer.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I phoned them up one time for a laugh and asked various questions to test their knowledge. Couldn't get one straight answer.

Likewise, And there's some terrible mis-information which is almost laughable, only it's not a laughing matter :p .
  • Options
    Nah i really dont like getting stoned. Plus, getting drunks so much more expensive. It takes me so much to get drunk.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Nah i really dont like getting stoned. Plus, getting drunks so much more expensive. It takes me so much to get drunk.

3 litres of cider, £3 :D

when you start taking E's you never see yourself going off them they're that good...
  • Options
    you're an e head

it happens

they'll stop working soon and the come downs will become terrible

and then you'll start to hate them!
  • Options
    Its up to you, you can talk to all the experts and we can write thousands of words detailing the medical grounds for not taking pills every week, but its next to meaningless unless you want to stop.

And if you do then just do, dont take them. There isnt some magic way of avoiding the temptation, you just have to want not to do them.

Others have said that you will reach a point when the come downs are just too bad, but I wouldnt do that. The damage may well have been done by that point and you may never be able to take pills again.
  • Options
    I've had plenty of dreams where I've dropped a few pills, never came up tho, shame that, shame. Free high, no comedown, I wonder if its possible to remember the feeling of a drug in your dreams and recreate it, that'd be pretty sweet where Es are involved :D
  • Options
    I pilled pretty much every weekend for about 1-2 years.
    It was a pretty big love affair.
    After a while the comedowns got worse and worse. I started getting pains in my head when I dropped and the magic had long gone. I was more withdrawn and I completely lost sense of who I was. I didn't feel depressed so much as empty/numb.
    Most of my friends at the time took Ecstacy regularly. If I didn't want to drop or couldn't afford it they'd give me free pills without a second thought which didn't help.
    The only way I was able to stop was to completely remove myself from that social circle. I lost alot of friends but made new ones soon enough.
    I didn't crave ecstacy as I thought I would. I'd visit those friends of mine from time-to-time once I was back on track, think of the good times and feel a bit sad. This feeling was only temporary though. After a while I felt more like my normal, happy self again which was great...I'd been a bit worried about long-term depression which I've seen in ex-pillers but nothing like that's happened to me, luckily.
    So yeah it's really not that bad after you get past the "2 week hump". After a while I lost sight of the routine of looking forward to the weekend too. Just surround yourself by people who care about you so you don't feel as tempted. It worked for me anyway ;) .
  • Options
    I have a strict rule, never take pills more than once a month. I still go clubbing almost every week and alot of my friends will be pilling, but its not too bad - its actually quite nice to be the sober one sometimes.

If you go to places where you actually like the music and the crowd then you will soon realise you don't need the pills to have a good time.
  • Options
    I pilled pretty much every weekend for about 1-2 years.
    It was a pretty big love affair.
    After a while the comedowns got worse and worse. I started getting pains in my head when I dropped and the magic had long gone. I was more withdrawn and I completely lost sense of who I was. I didn't feel depressed so much as empty/numb.
    Most of my friends at the time took Ecstacy regularly. If I didn't want to drop or couldn't afford it they'd give me free pills without a second thought which didn't help.
    The only way I was able to stop was to completely remove myself from that social circle. I lost alot of friends but made new ones soon enough.
    I didn't crave ecstacy as I thought I would. I'd visit those friends of mine from time-to-time once I was back on track, think of the good times and feel a bit sad. This feeling was only temporary though. After a while I felt more like my normal, happy self again which was great...I'd been a bit worried about long-term depression which I've seen in ex-pillers but nothing like that's happened to me, luckily.
    So yeah it's really not that bad after you get past the "2 week hump". After a while I lost sight of the routine of looking forward to the weekend too. Just surround yourself by people who care about you so you don't feel as tempted. It worked for me anyway ;) .

Wel i've been pretty much in the same buzz as that, I used to take pills like they were smarties, now even the thought f taking a pill makes me feel sick, though all my mates still take them even though I try to talk sense into them, they won't listen. I don't care if they take drugs, but doing E's every weekend aint good for your health, both physicsl and mental, though as bong has said. It's up to the user to calm down, usually you hit the brick wall then you know what the craic is haha
  • Options
    :heart: Ecstacy the love affiar :heart:
    Yep been there done that. I would tell you stop now! Not only will it stop you getting fucked up but you will be able to enjoy them way more when you do take them. But I know when i was doing it nothing anyone said would have stopped me. I had to learn the hard way. That feeling. If only I could get it back. I hope one day i can feel as good as i did those first times.
    Drinking alcahol instead for me so did not work. It would instead make me take more. Even now when really I enjoy being pissed more than pillz if im pissed pillz seem like such a good idea.
    These days I go on and off pills. Take them most weekends for a little bit. I dont have the greatest time on them. Then completely go off them and would not be able to drop a pill cus they seem to me to be like poison. I haven't done then for two months now though. Thats partly cus i've been ill for a month but i don't think i would have anyway unless i was v. drunk.
    Slow down. It feels so good now but won't it be better to be able to feel amazing once a month then use it all up now and not be able to feel it again?
    Good luck :wave:
  • Options
    Yeah I rarely take pills now and when I do it's only 1 or 2.
    I can't believe how I used to just chuck them down my neck without a second thought, I used to go on binges until I couldn't afford or get hold of any more pills. It's a good job me and my mates didn't have dealers who were always awake at 6am! Usually by that time we'd have run out and be wanting more having already been out and got some more at about 3am.

Good times, but definately fucked up.
  • Options
    Hi Folks,
    I practise Emotional Freedom Technique. I use it most days and have been for a couple of years. Without going into too much detail, and please forgive my efforts to describe it , it involves tapping on particular acupressure points and repeating a statement you formulate to neutralise the negative emotional effects of, for e.g. bad memories, you can rid yourself of phobias, bad habits, trauma,it works on physical pain also and many unfavourable psychological states. I am not going to try and prove anything here, I don't need to, It Works. I've used it on all kinds of stuff and I reckon there's every chance that anyone trying to stop taking whatever can sort themselves out with it. email address removed by moderators With a bit of luck you can find someone who maybe doing a workshop, you're better off learning the technique yourself . Otherwise you can find a practitioner near you and pay them for a consultation, they will help you sort it. I am familiar with most drugs, having done a fair bit of dabbling in the past and so can understand what it's like to be in the position of worrying if you can stop or not. The good news is you really can, honestly, Look into the EFT. Love & Light to You All.