Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

your biggest regret from past relationships!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what's the biggest regret you have from your past relationships?? What do you think your partner regrets most+has the feeling of regret from you or your partner had any effect on your current relationship?

For me - my biggest regret is staying with my first b.f after he hit me. That is never right - no matter what your excuse is and it took me another year to learn that! it only happened the once, but it did affect my following relationships (trust etc)

So....?

Comments

• Options
    erm....staying with my ex even tho i knew it wasn't really working, i waited until he ended it when i should of done it a lot sooner
  • Options
    Hmm good question.

Oh yeah, when my boyfriend broke up with me when I was 15 making a total sad case of myself and putting myself in hospital. Now that we're friends the minute I get down he starts to panic.
  • Options
    That i kept taking my ex back so many times, when i knew all the shit to do with him would never go away!
  • Options
    My biggest regret was loosing my virginity with my ex.
  • Options
    Losing my virginity to someone I thought loved me and cared for me, little did i know how much he would change once we had sex!
  • Options
    Staying with one of them for far longer than I should have cos I thought I owed him that much after a few things he'd done before we started properly going out. Lost a good friendship now because of it and messed a couple of years of my life up staying around in a really unhappy relationship that made me cry every day for about 10 months before he finished with me.

Suppose my other would be losing my virginity to get back with a lad. We were both virgins though and I don't regret losing it to him cos he was my first love. Just the fact that I'd have rather done it whilst I was going out with him rather than in the month break we had after about 6 months of seeing each other.
  • Options
    cheating on my first boyfriend when I was 16, I hurt him and he tried to forgive and forget but couldn't. Such a good boyfriend too most of the time.
    I was young and stupid. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    only split up with my first boyfriend last week and i guess i regret not making the most of the time we had together. us splitting up was completely out of the blue so i never got the chance to really enjoy it 'cause i never thought it'd end..well, end sooner than i thought it would. it's kinda made me think i should grab life with both hands and experience all the things i can..while i still can.
  • Options
    Not learning after the first time. Or the second or third for that matter. :yeees:
  • Options
    staying with the cunt for nine years and believing him when he said he loved me.
    im a fool.
  • Options
    staying with the cunt for nine years and believing him when he said he loved me.
    im a fool.
    He will have meant it then.

*huggle*
  • Options
    The relationship I'm in - I kissed one of my friends a few months ago. Told my girlfriend immediately though, and after the initial "what's going to happen now" period, we seem to going good. In a way it did me good because I was going through a 'I want to know what it's like to get with random girls' stage, and I realised that it was so not what I wanted.

Since then I've realised that being completely selfish isn't a good thing. Still, I regret it immensely, if I could I would take it back (coming from someone who always tries to take something from every experience, good or bad) and find another way for me and my girlfriend to get out of our rocky period. But, from strength to strength :).
  • Options
    My biggest regret from past relationships has been staying with someone despite the fact things were very definatly over.
  • Options
    Maybe not kicking the ass of a girl I though was my friend but ended up f*cking my ex ... The last time I saw it was in the middle of a mall dressed like a f*cking b*tch (realllyy short skirt, spiked heels and a almost non-existing tube top) and I had to control myself not to put her out of her misery...

Im over it now, but i think that if i see her one more time either she goes to the hospital, or i taste prision food :yuck: :no:

sorry for the F's and B's but I sooo hate that b*tch!!

(opps, i done it again :banghead: )
  • Options
    My biggest regret is starting a relationship with someone I knew would have an issue with sex. I knew he'd want it, I knew he'd not get it. I knew it wouldn't last.

Mum says that he'll refer to me as 'the one that got away'. ;)

If I believed in Soulmates, he would've been it. :(

Ilora x
  • Options
    Pursuing a guy for far too long, eventually going out even though I knew all along it'd be doomed. He spent the entire time trying to pressurise me into sex (he would have been my first) and then decided to call me uptight when we broke up as well as insult the rest of my personality and looks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    May seem strange to some of you lot, but I don't have anything from past relationships I look on with regret. Sure, nothing was perfect, but they are in the past now and so not worth thinking about in a negative light.

Just try remembering the good times! :)

G.
  • Options
    what's the biggest regret you have from your past relationships?? What do you think your partner regrets most+has the feeling of regret from you or your partner had any effect on your current relationship

So....?

my biggest regret is the way that my relationship with my ex ended. We had a lot of unresolved issues. I honestly believe that he wouldn't have wanted to hurt me the way he did, but he turned in a complete psycho when it ended so I don't know. I wish we'd stayed friends, because I still miss his presence in my life and I'll always care about him. But I'm glad that I don't regret our relationship, because he was my first everything and it was amazing to me.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    He will have meant it then.

*huggle*
    thankyou, and yes he did mean it, and its going ahead as soon as I can find out what my options are and what the hell I have to do first!
  • Options
    My biggest regret.... When my wife and I were 15, we were together for 7 months. My step dad disliked her and said if I don't end it he will kick me out. So I ended it. I told her I was ending it with her for someone else. i broke her heart (we had lost our virginity to one another). I would phone her up and ask her to come and see me, have sex with her and then bascically tell her to f**k off, she lost soo much weight and eventually she told me where to go. I then get with some girl, who reminded me of my wife a little, but didn't compare. I constantly used this girl, only wanted her for sex, lied saying that i loved her when all the time I was thinking of my wife... I had a pic of her under my comp keyboard (sad)! I wanted my wife so much but continued to use this girl! In the end I ended it with her because I could'nt carry on hurting for my wife and have sex with someone who I had no connection with, although I saw her a couple of times after. Then one day, I was in town with my mum and we went into mcds (My mum has always known my true feelings, I talked to her about everything). And my wife was in there. She looked so amazing but we hadn't spoken in years! I went into the toilets and left my mum outside. When I came out (hoping she was gone) she was talking to my mum... We walked with her back to her work, and then she asked for my phone number :) she text and I replied. then nothing. Then she phoned me and said she didn't get a reply so wasn't going to bother but thought its worth a try. Neither of us could hold back our feelings, and I was so happy to hear she felt the same. Anyway, my ex doesn't beleive I loved my wife and used her, I feel bad for it but I was desperate to get over my wife but she was just so perfect for me that all I could do was think someone was her (does that make sense), I feel bad but you only love once and that was my wife. I just wish that this ex could understand that anything I said or did was what I wanted to say or do to my wife! Maybe then she will leave me and my wife alone!
  • Options
    warped!