Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Funny what cannot be banned, isn't it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, we are not "allowed" to protest in front of Parliament without the "permission" of the Govt/Police.

Yet these scumbags can get this kind of protection so that they can do this.

Better than that though because we pay for these people to support it and for these people and these people to be in attendance...

I love my country and everything it stands for.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Whats so bad baout and amrs fair excartaly? i know its a fuckimg joke we cannot protest in front of parliament anymore, but the arms fair obviously needs protection, i mean come on, look at the current problem with terrorists. If they stole a tank or something, or it could a be a target for them, no?
  • Options
    Who is protecting the people who will be killed by those arms, Mr Gerbil?

As for the possibility that a tank might be stolen well, here's a thought.

Don't hold a fucking arms fair.
  • Options
    MOK ...i hope IN THE NAME OF GOD ...your not suggesting that arms fairs should be banned!
    where the hell would all those insurgents in iraq get their weapons from?
  • Options
    Who portecting the terrorists? Hopefully no-one! come on, who protected Hitler in WW2? Its much the same. You have to chose one side of a war to be on, I chose this one. i might not agree with the motives, but I will support our troops while they are out there.

As for foreign buyers? Once its sold it isn't our resposibilty, unless they start doing things that are illegal with them. We need to get poeple to buy the stuff we porduce, so we need to get people to know about it. Would you suggest cancelling an air show incase a plane crashed? Cancel a carnival incase someone gets run over? Hell, why not cancel all peoples foreign holidays in case the plane crashes? Or even stop people going outdors, its dangerous you know.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Who portesting the terroirists?

You must have some extra special weapons in ming Mr Gerbil. The ones these people sell tend to kill innocents, ya know ;)

Landmines don't ask if someone is a terrorist before killing them...

There are one or two Governments buying weaponry who you might be a little worried about.

Remind me again, where did Saddam get some of his arsenal from?
  • Options
    More importantly where did Iran get its stuff form? Its got some of the stuff the USA still uses!

Anyway though, i don't see what the big deal is here, these places are the kindof places i would rather have guarded that not gaurded, although that said, surley a tank and its crew can defend itself? I dunno. i'll just pop along and buy myslef a tank. I know exectally the kind of place that buy this stuff, we invade them later on in the future! We are that cuntish. Insurgents can't afford this stuff, they buy older equipment from the old sov-block countries, Because they sell anytihng to anyone!

Anyway, I'd rather it were protected that not to hopefully prevent any possible trouble. I mean, what, do we just not hold an arms fair? Or where else do you suggest?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    mroe imporortanly where di diran gets its tuff form? its got some of hte stuff teh usa still uses!1

anyway though, i don't seee what the big deal is here, these places are the kindoff places i wuold rahter have guargded that not gardded, althoguh that said, surley a tank and its crew can defenditself? I dunno. i'll just pop along an d buy myslef a tank. i know exectally the kindof place that buy this stuff, we invades them later on in the future! were that cuntish. isurgents can't afford this stuff, they buy oldre equipment fro mthe old sov-block countries. because they sell anytihng to anyone!

anywas, i;d rahter it were protected that not to hoelfully prevent any possible trouble. I mean, what, od we jsut not hold an arms fair?> or where else do yo suggest>?
    hic!
  • Options
    hic!
    :/

Anyway, would you rather they didn't defened it from folks? I mean if not presumabley some well oraganised gorup could steal a tank or something.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    shuhs up you1

anyway, wuould you rahter they didn;t defened it from folks i mean if not presumabley some well oraganised gorup could steal a tnak ro something.
    with the state of security in this country ...i mean how many people have wandered freely the buck house the last few years ...a highly disorganised group could probably walk right in and help themselves.
  • Options
    i;'ll fgo have al ook see then! if ai get a tank,m i could even write a book on ait and sell ti i weekly installments to the papers!"

true tohugh, i mean, if any idiot can get in buckingham palace surley then, alo t of other places are jsut as bad?>!
  • Options
    i think teh gerbil should be banned till he's slept off all that petrol he's been drinking tonight.
  • Options
    i couldn't aford to do that, it's £1 or more a litre here now! it cost sixety to fill up the car yesterday.

i suppse i should sleep, i have college tommrow. Night folks, sleep well when you all head off!
  • Options
    most of the equipment there is for display purposes only and for invitees only..... and most of it theyll sell cause its all battle tested a la iraq

namely a few dodgy countries like columbia are going, anda few others

my areas council tax is paying for the policing :O (newham)
  • Options
    Where there's a big fat backhander there's a will and a way.
  • Options
    Ah shit, sorry folks. It appears I went mad drunk last night.

Anyway, my point is the same, i shall re-dit the typo's. I would rather they guarded it than left it unattended.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Ah shit, sorry folks. It appears I went mad drunk last night.

Anyway, my point is the same, i shall re-dit the typo's. I would rather they guarded it than left it unattended.

how about not have it, noone in my borough wants it, yet it goes ahead hardly a democracy
  • Options
    how about not have it, noone in my borough wants it, yet it goes ahead hardly a democracy

Since when did we have a choice in the UK about anything? I wasn't made aware of this!

I was thinking on it today... and I though... Military Expo... why not hold it in some empty land? Or some large fieldy area? Then you could show the tanks off doing their stuff to the buyers.
  • Options
    This country is not a democracy.

Can you elect the police leaders? No. Can you elect the fire leaders? No. Can you elect the Prime Minister or the cabinet? No.

Can you elect the Civil Service? The MoD bigwigs? The local Council leaders?
  • Options
    It would be impractical if we did though. Personally, I think we've been waiting around for long enough. Bongbudda should take over the country, and that be the end of it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    This country is not a democracy.
    I've said it many times: Democracy does not and could not exist in today's society. Whoever thinks we have democracy obviously hasn't thought about it. Elected oligarchy is more like it.