Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

toning up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey ya'll ;)

over the last 5 months ive lost about 2 stone in weight which in itself is great, but now that ive lost the weight im concerned about how untoned and... well, basically wobbly i am!! :eek:
what exercises are there that i can do that will help me tone up my stomach, bum and thighs?! (worst areas!!)

i already do 50-100 sit ups a day (depending on how lazy im feeling!) and occasionally i do the odd stomach crunch but what else? :confused:

any input is appreciated!!! :D

Comments

• Options
    swimming would be a good thing for toning those areas, infact swimming is pretty good all round excersize :) especially as you effectively tone up you'll need to do some cardiovascular work too.
  • Options
    try some jogging, swimming (as replicant said) and i find rowing machines good for hips+stomach
  • Options
    If you cant get out and about can I please recommend Carmen electra's fit to strip dvd - it is pink and second in her aerobic striptease series - you should be able to get it for around £6 on t'internet. A good all over work out - wont get you out of breath but good for toning of the muscles and overall fitness
  • Options
    Gym balls are good in toning different areas of your body.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Gym balls are good in toning different areas of your body.

I hate them things...always fall off and actually find that doing the same exercises on teh floor actually do a better job.

As for bums and thighs, step ups just using the bottom step of ya stair steps will work.

Sit ups should work nicely for stomach....try adding some to each side as well though to tone the side muscles of ya stomach. and try raising your legs off the ground to do your lower abs.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    I hate them things...always fall off and actually find that doing the same exercises on teh floor actually do a better job.

As for bums and thighs, step ups just using the bottom step of ya stair steps will work.

Sit ups should work nicely for stomach....try adding some to each side as well though to tone the side muscles of ya stomach. and try raising your legs off the ground to do your lower abs.

oooh i didnt think about step ups.. i might try them later :) some goes with lifting my legs off the ground.. thanks :)

ive always wanted to try a gym ball but have never got round to actually getting one!

and i saw an advert for that carmen electra video.. looks ok actually ;) dont know if ill end up buying but thanks for the advice :)

any more anyone? im willing to try practically anything!!
  • Options
    Pilates :yes: