Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weight Loss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Despite my dismissal of BMI's in another thread, I found out a few weeks ago that I'm on the very cusp of what's healthy for my height (5ft 4").

I was between 9'7 and 9'9 on very fat days, having put on a stone since I started taking the pill about a year ago now. So I've started eating a bit more healthily, some days I don't eat much at all and others I eat normally but smaller portions. I'm doing pretty well, I'm down to 9'3 in only a week, which I'm pretty chuffed about.

Thing is, I'm pretty bored this afternoon and totally lacking in self control - I've just had some sticky toffee pudding :blush: Has anyone got any tips (anything at all!) for helping me stick to my guns?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    Just think of the benefits if you lose weight. Plus it's not just the outside that gets fat, it's also your heart and liver :(.

You need to eat something that is healthy but filling. A decent breakie is always good, keeps you going till lunch time. If you get hungry in between meals try eating some Snacka Jacks or some fruit, maybe low fat yogurts. You need to curb the hunger other wise the more hungry you get the more easy it is to eat shite.
  • Options
    Is Wheatabix healthy?

I got hungry and has some for a snack - it's vile!
  • Options
    making a herbal tea is a good way of stopping you snacking. it takes time to make it and to let it cool a bit and then by the time you've drunk it you won't want a snack. maybe.
  • Options
    fidget with something - it'll keep your hands busy meaning you cannot feed yourself with them! :p
  • Options
    you can't be good all of the time, a bit of sticky toffee pudding isn't going to kill you!
  • Options
    Have had a suitably awful day today! Started the day with a McDonalds,walked 7 miles to burn that off and promptly replaced it with cheese on toast :yeees:

I have no self discipline. :(
  • Options
    That's a bit OTT isn't it?
    Why don't you just cut down on the crap, and take more exercise.

Surely you're just counterbalancing any effort, by eating such garbage like Maccy's, just to run 7 miles afterwards... to me, that's a complete waste of time and effort.

Everything, in moderation. :thumb: Ilora x
  • Options
    Don't feel guilty for a bit of sticky toffee pudding, you're not going to get saddlebags within 5 minutes of eating it, we all need a treat every now and again.

Just to get a better idea, are you still on the pill? And what sort of exercise are you doing?
  • Options
    1/2 an hour or exercise a day should do you for a start. Don't just jump right in there with big long walks or jogs cos you'll never stick to that. Also, try to eat small healthy things often. Fruit is always good because stuff like apples take so long to eat that halfway through you're bored and don't want to eat anymore anyway cos it takes too much effort. Or is that just me?
  • Options
    LOL! I so didn't do the walk on purpose! I met my boyfriend in town and we had nothing to do,so we walked 7 of the 9 miles home to kill a few hours :lol:

I'm still on the pill and in all honesty,do very little exercise. Now I'm in sixth year and have a common room I tend to spend most of my day hiding in there. I tend to walk between 1 - 2 miles every day though.
  • Options
    k@tie wrote:
    walked 7 miles to burn that off
    LOL! I so didn't do the walk on purpose!

riigghht.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    riigghht.

So I phrased it badly,whatever.