Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tops for big chested people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm quite big chested and can never seem to find tops that look right on me. What kind of things would you suggest to try and that would look best? I don't really like anything too revealing or anything that enphasises (sp?) the size of my chest. I'm also quite short (5' 1") and so anything thats makes my chest look bigger makes me appear a lot fatter than I am. (I'm a size 12 but being short and big chested can make you look larger if you know what I mean)

Thanks for your help :D

Comments

• Options
    tops with a high neck is supposed to make the chest look bigger, so avoid that

avoid them pathetic babydoll aka pregnancy tops cos they make the skinniest people look fat.

clothes that are too baggy can make people look fat too
  • Options
    I'm the same height as you, and am a 30F. The tops I tend to go for are v-neck tops, because they 'break' up the appearance of big breasts. It doesn't look revealing on me at all. Also, those wrap-around style cardigans, wrap dresses.

I avoid babydoll tops, tops with high necklines and polo-necks.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I avoid babydoll tops, tops with high necklines and polo-necks.

What are babydoll tops?
  • Options
    Yup, that's what Trinny and Susannah would say too. Anything with a wide-open neck line, v-neck, wraps, corsets .... etc. Basically anything that emphasises your waist so that you don't look like one big thing!! I didn't mean to be offensive with that turn of phrase by the way.

*is very jealous of your breasts*
  • Options
    Imagine the Jane Austen era - the Empire waistline of cutting right under the bust, and flowing down with floaty material. The babydoll top is like that - beautiful if you have a smaller chest, but on bigger ladies it doesn't look quite right, and you can be as skinny as a rake, but an ounce of fat on the abdomen, and you look pregnant.

Like this http://members.sparedollar.com/salsagirl/teal-pleated-chiffon-babydoll-cami-top.jpg
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    Imagine the Jane Austen era - the Empire waistline of cutting right under the bust, and flowing down with floaty material. The babydoll top is like that - beautiful if you have a smaller chest, but on bigger ladies it doesn't look quite right, and you can be as skinny as a rake, but an ounce of fat on the abdomen, and you look pregnant.

Like this http://members.sparedollar.com/salsagirl/teal-pleated-chiffon-babydoll-cami-top.jpg

Gotcha. I thought that was what you meant but wasnt too sure, thanks :)
  • Options
    If you need formal shirts, I have heard nothing but eulogies about how wonderful the fitted tops from Bravissimo are. But they are expensive.
  • Options
    Yep, I got big boobs as well and I have been adapting my whole waldrobe for a good couple of years now, as I had loads of polo necks and stuff. I find that v-neck tops work well, and tops with nice details on arms and stuff that take the emphasis off the chest. I have quite a nice neckline so I tend to wear loads of off-the-shoulder tops and things like that, but I generally wear v-necks or low-cut round necks. Oh, and double-breasted jackets are a big no-no for big boobed girls (although there are some really nice jackets of this style that I like).
  • Options
    V-necks with collars. I've got 34E boobs and look i'm going to fall over all the time. They frame them but without making it look silly as hell.
  • Options
    those babydoll tops make people look pregnant. I HATE THEM>
  • Options
    Also cheesecloth shirts with vertical stripes. They make my torso look longer and aren't too tight on the old sisters
  • Options
    you can edit your posts you know. :yes: