Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice on Cerazette pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started taking the Cerazette contraceptive pill about 11 months ago and my periods stopped shortly after. In the advice leaflet that came with the medication it says that bleeding may stop altogether, but on the manufacturer's website it says if you miss more than 2 consecutive periods to seek medical advice. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal or if it's worth trying to get a doctors appointment! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Can't actually help you but was wondering the same thing really. I swapped onto Cerazette just over 2 months ago and haven't had a period since. It's kinda worrying me now, cos the last thing me and my fella want at the moment is me getting pregnant, yet I know they state that periods can stop so am I worrying for nothing.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kazbo wrote:
    Can't actually help you but was wondering the same thing really. I swapped onto Cerazette just over 2 months ago and haven't had a period since. It's kinda worrying me now, cos the last thing me and my fella want at the moment is me getting pregnant, yet I know they state that periods can stop so am I worrying for nothing.

I have just been put on cerazette and the doc just told me that a few women do get this side effect. I don't know if 11 months is good though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, good to know I'm not the only one!
    I might mention it next time I'm at the doctors then...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    SkippyRoo wrote:
    Thanks for the replies, good to know I'm not the only one!
    I might mention it next time I'm at the doctors then...

I would go soon. I have just been reading the leaflet and it says that it is relatively normal to miss a period but if you miss more than 2 then you should speak to your GP.