Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trousers for big bottomed girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need fashion advice! I need some jeans but I don't know where I can buy them which will have a decent fit. I'm a size 16 but have a small waist. I also need to know what clothes will be more flattering on a bottom-heavy figure! :eek:

Comments

• Options
    I'm similar to you from the sound of what you say - small waist, big hips/bum! I bought Mooch jeans from Topshop, I think they look good because they sit on your hips without making them look bigger.
  • Options
    The larger the pockets the less the eye will be drawn to your bottom. Hipsters are good, if they fit. Only if they fit cos there is nothing worse than hipsters accessorised with love handles.
  • Options
    topshop only go up to a 14 so they'd be no good 4 u. Big pockets with detail are good though :thumb:
  • Options
    Topshop go up to a 34 waist. That's a 16, innit?

Also, big pockets may work. But no details on your arse, it just makes it look massive and draws eyes to it.
  • Options
    i have the same trouble - size 12 legs+bum and size 10 waist, so all my jeans gradually fall down off my waist+onto my hips, which i dont like due to my love-handles!!!
    go with everyones advice on big pockets!!
  • Options
    I thought small pockets were meant to make your bum look smaller? Works with me, anyway.
  • Options
    i think the idea is for people to think 'omh look how teeny and svelte her bum is compared to those heeeeeuuuuge pockets'.
  • Options
    i am just like you, im a size 12 but 10 up top, i have a 32 inch hips and a 25inch waist.
    i wear hipsters, and jeans that are tight around my arse, this makes u look slimmer and helps to show off ur figure. i only wear levis as they are the only ones that fit me decently. I also lost weight as i was finding it difficult to get trousers so i went from a 14 to a 12. hope this helps
  • Options
    I'm similar to you from the sound of what you say - small waist, big hips/bum! I bought Mooch jeans from Topshop, I think they look good because they sit on your hips without making them look bigger.

and dont you look nice :naughty:
  • Options
    I don't know if they still make them, but about 2 years ago I bought a pair of Levis that were 'kick flared' - they were the first of the 'low rise' style jeans and were lower and the front and higher at the back (so you didn't get thong showage!). They also had plenty of room for someone who perhaps had a little more 'back' than most :thumb:

I'm pear shaped and find that levi's really flatter my childbearing hips and smaller waist. Often jeans on me do that 'gaping' thing at the back when I sit down, but have found that Levis don't at all.

Ilora x
  • Options
    im pear shaped, and I really like Gap Long and lean jeans.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm going to raid e-bay now!
    I also get the slack bit at the back, or they just drop down a bit which lowers the crotch. If I wear a belt it makes my tummy look bigger, so I'm off to look for some hipsters, with big pockets!
  • Options
    I've got a similar problem except the jeans will dwarf my waist and just fit my bum but the thighs will only just fit for like a size 16/18
  • Options
    k@tie wrote:
    hipsters accessorised with love handles.

Hmm love handles :love::yum: It's good to have something to grab hold of:)
  • Options
    Crispy wrote:
    Hmm love handles :love::yum: It's good to have something to gap hold of:)

you like them when they're flabbing over the egde of trouser waistbands then? :p