Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shroom identification

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know any good sites? I live near some woods that have a variety of mushrooms in, n i was wondering if ne of them wer of that magical variety. So if anyone knows any good sites, or just has some pictures of the right shrooms, that would be useful.

Comments

• Options
    It's almost liberty cap season, but the heat lately might stop them growing yet. The best time to look is the morning after a day of rain, and it needs a good amount for enough moisture to sink in.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2931385#Post2931385

Picking them yourself isn't a good idea if you're not sure exactly what you're looking for though
  • Options
    end of this month with someone experienced and you want meadow or moorland idealy.
    unless of course your after fly.
  • Options
    www.erowid.org would probably give you a few pictures.

They grow round our way aswell
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The Erowid page is here and there is a section on Identification that may be useful to you.

Two things to note - I always feel the need to post up the warning when someone talks about picking their own shrooms,, because it is extremely difficult to identify them correctly and you need to be aware of the high risk -
    WILD MUSHROOM IDENTIFICATION WARNING
    There is NO way to identify a mushroom based solely on a photo or even a written description. Identifying mushrooms is a complex process and it's easy to make mistakes. There are many varieties of both edible and psychoactive mushrooms which have poisonous look-alikes. Even an expert can be fooled by the outward appearance of these deadly look-alikes.

Unless you can either explore with a mycologist or knowledgeable and seasoned mushroom hunter, or take the time to learn the careful process of mushroom identification yourself through reading books and preferably joining a mycological society...we would strongly recommend not eating mushrooms you pick yourself.

Learning to identify mushrooms isn't difficult in and of itself, but it takes training. Because the down-side of eating a poisonous mushroom is so great...one needs to be extraordinarily careful.

Secondly, keep in mind that if you do pick psilocybe mushrooms you are now in posession of a Class A drug. As the law is new, I believe there is a tendency to bring down the full weight of the law if you are caught.
  • Options
    But if you are looking at them in the wild then thats not an offence, as to whether its an offence for the land owner we're not really sure yet.

Be very very careful and take someone who knows exactly what they are doing with you.
  • Options
    As there can be scary consequences..

Last time I took shrooms was one of the scariest things I've ever went through in my life, just makes me sick even thinking about them.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Last time I took shrooms was one of the scariest things I've ever went through in my life, just makes me sick even thinking about them.

Same here but i took them in the wrong environment, at a festival with 70,000 people.
  • Options
    can't wait to go picking :yes: