Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Zonealarm Help.

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Ok, it is pissing me off. It is being entirley shitty. It is the fre version, btw.

Right, I have the firewall set to Medium in internet security zone. Firefux is allowed to access the net fine and all, all allowed. But it still won't let it. It used ot work fine on these settings, no problems... but recenty it is being an arse and deciding it won't let it. No settings have changed at all. It does it intermitently, it will jsut decide to block it off for no reason at all. I shut it off, I can access the net fine.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Ok, it is pissing me off. It is being entirley shitty. It is the fre version, btw.

Right, I have the firewall set to Medium in internet security zone. Firefux is allowed to access the net fine and all, all allowed. But it still won't let it. It used ot work fine on these settings, no problems... but recenty it is being an arse and deciding it won't let it. No settings have changed at all. It does it intermitently, it will jsut decide to block it off for no reason at all. I shut it off, I can access the net fine.

Any ideas?

If you're using a router then you need to put it's IP address in the trusted zone.

Also, check Program Control ---> Programs to see what's allowed and what not. Remove the rules of problematic programs and allow it to detect the use again before redefining.
  • Options
    Not much help this but you should look into buying Sygate Pro, it's a really good firewall. Outpost Pro is ace as well, has lots of goodies to play with.
  • Options
    Is it fixed?