Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

running pill packets together

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically, away on my hollibags on friday, but am also due my period on friday. its cool to run my pill packets together to prevent this right?? will i still be protected fully and things? im sure it is, but would like some reassurance :)

Comments

• Options
    paperdoll wrote:
    basically, away on my hollibags on friday, but am also due my period on friday. its cool to run my pill packets together to prevent this right?? will i still be protected fully and things? im sure it is, but would like some reassurance :)

Aye, it's fine. You don't need any extra protection.

Family Planning Association
  • Options
    But you will get the mother of all peridos when you do eventually stop taking your pill for 7 days.
    Just a warning..
  • Options
    But you will get the mother of all peridos when you do eventually stop taking your pill for 7 days.
    Just a warning..

Not at all true for me.
    I sometimes run three packets together and my period at the end of it all is no more heavier or painfull than usual. It's not like the womb lining just builds up for three months inside you, if you think about it one of the ways in which the pill works is decreasing the womb lining so that a fertilised egg can't imbed its self or whatever.

What type of pill are you on? It's normally ok to run them together as long as you don't run more than three and your contraception should be fine, just be warned if you've not done this before you may get a little spotting but this differs from person to person etc.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yus, I get slightly more cramps than normal if I run packets together, nowt crazy though.

You should be ok to run the packets together. Enjoy your holiday :)
  • Options
    Just a warning..

This has never been the case with me either. I always run three packets together and my period is always the same as if I hadn't. Only having four periods a year is great though! :)
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    This has never been the case with me either. I always run three packets together and my period is always the same as if I hadn't. Only having four periods a year is great though! :)

I do the same but with two packets at a time :yes:
  • Options
    I bled in the middle of the 2nd pack, part from that should be fine.
  • Options
    The mother of all periods happened to my friend when she wasn't on THE pill she was on this "delay period" pill - I felt so sorry for her, she was on for 2 weeks with the most awful pains and clots and god knows what else.
    I've just run 2 packs together because I went to India for a while and I'll be getting my first period for what feels like ages soon... lucky me!