Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

teen pregnancy - but planned

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
u hear all the time about teen girls who get pregnant, due 2 carelessness etc. but what do u all think about if a 16 year old girl who had been with her 17 yr old bf for a yearand they were always talking about having a baby?? would it be ok or totally wrong give me ur views!

[This message has been edited by jolizzie11 (edited 21-02-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    I'm assuming that this is, naturally, a purely hypothetical question, and that any answer i give will not affect the outcome of anything to do in the future, especially regarding you and you bf?

(Simple: you're not honestly thinking of having a baby are you?!)

Answer: Stupid idea in general, but as always depends on circumstances...actually, come to think of it, just a stupid idea.

A family that will be able to support a baby needs to have a good education to get a good job. A good education means secondary and 90% of the time tertiary education as well. When you have a baby while trying to go thru the last few years of school, your studies get all fucked up and you don't get a good education and you don't get a good job and you can't support the baby and *POOF* it all goes to hell.

So no, don't have a baby. Keep thinking about it, but wait until your education is finished at least - preferably, wait until you have a steady job with a decent income as well.

Hope this has dissuaded you from such a silly idea.

I don't live to work, I work to live and I live at the weekends. I'm the last of the big time drinkers.
  • Options
    well it was'nt me!! well yeah it was, but theres no way id get pregnant we were just talking about it. im doing my gcse's this year and then going 2 do NVQ'S level 234 and maybe 5 (degree level)

and it would be really stupid 2 have a baby now. i take it u agree with abortion?
  • Options
    Originally posted by jolizzie11:
    i take it u agree with abortion?

good take.

*ducks the blows that will no doubt come*

I don't live to work, I work to live and I live at the weekends. I'm the last of the big time drinkers.
  • Options
    having babies 2 young can b really bad bcoz if ur stil @ skool u av 2 quit or find care. They take up so much time and change ur life 4eva. They also take up loadsa money and if ur young ur probably not gonna ava job, so no, i don't really think its a good idea.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Drifter:
    having babies 2 young can b really bad bcoz if ur stil @ skool u av 2 quit or find care. They take up so much time and change ur life 4eva. They also take up loadsa money and if ur young ur probably not gonna ava job, so no, i don't really think its a good idea.

i completely agree drifter.i also think that it's really selfish to even think of planning on having a baby without being able to give it the care and
    attention it deserves. not to mention how expensive it would be.

down with the pork and apple combination!!!
  • Options
    one of my best mates is 6 months pregnant. it was an accident but she and her b/f has been together for 3 years and they're both very happy at the moment.

she had to quit school so she didn't finish her a'levels and she's working at the moment bu has to stop soon as she's getting too tired. she's quit smoking and she doesn't drink as much now. she hardly ever goes out clubbing. and i know what they're trying to get child benefits or something. they have a flat and he's got a job and a car.
    even though this pregnancy wasn't planned...i think it has still worked out pretty good. they know what they're doing and best of all...her parents are dead on about it.

on the other hand...(this is really weird) but my other bestmate MIGHT be pregnant too now. it's not definite but i know myself that her pregnancy wouldn't work out as well as my other best mate's has. only been in a relationship for 3 months, her parents are really strict and she's determined to stay on at school etc etc etc...

so these 2 are my best mates...but them having a baby is 2 opposite plans...