Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

despite the problems ex-army people have

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
there's some real heros out there :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/4170454.stm

he deserves a lot more recognition even if all he'll probably say is "im doing what i can"

Comments

• Options

he deserves a lot more recognition even if all he'll probably say is "im doing what i can"
    yes there are heroes out there ...most go unoticed.
    the ammount of heroic acts you never ever will hear of within the armed forces mount all the way up to heaven ...often from the depths of hell.
  • Options
    *claps* he should get a medal
    my cousin was in the army from when he was 16 for about 10 years, he got a medal and royal certificate of some sort for bravery. Sadly, he's not allowed to say what it was exactly :confused: most of the stuff he does now (security) he can't tell us about.
  • Options
    yes there are heroes out there ...most go unoticed.
    the ammount of heroic acts you never ever will hear of within the armed forces mount all the way up to heaven ...often from the depths of hell.

oh i know but any real good news is actually good :)
  • Options
    now there is a great man.
  • Options

Whilst I applaud your sentiment - the title is a bit condescending isn't it?
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    the title is a bit condescending isn't it?

I think it was meant to call light to the fact that far too often we speak about ex military personnel in a negative context. As in war trauma, or amputation, etc.

But I suppose that wasn't really my question to answer. Didn't mean to try to speak for you where'smyplacibo, sorry bout that.
  • Options
    I think it was meant to call light to the fact that far too often we speak about ex military personnel in a negative context. As in war trauma, or amputation, etc.

But I suppose that wasn't really my question to answer. Didn't mean to try to speak for you where'smyplacibo, sorry bout that.

yeh thats my answer basically :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I saw this, makes me think that Humanity is still keeping it's true anture under all the shit we put on the surface these days.

Then again, some other people make me lose hope.
  • Options
    The guy's a hero and indeed gives me faith in humanity