Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feels Fat all the time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i look in my mirror and all i see lookin back at me, is a fat girl. I have been eating healthy, walking,running, sit upz, but my mind keeps seeing fat.

is there any way of makin my mind see the real me, which is average?
anyone else have the same issue?

I am trying to lose some more weight, but its taking time. Its hard to go out and eat, without wondering what your about to eat, may be full of fatty goods. Bad enough restaurants give you large portions, all the more to make you wanna eat it. Good stuff, but oh so fatning.

Comments

• Options
    Might be worth taking a look at our section on body image & self esteem, there's some useful tips in there -

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/bodyimageandselfesteem
  • Options
    yeah, i've got the same kinda thing going on.

it's not half as bad as it once was, and i now eat normally and know in my head that i'm not even slightly too big (am actually very underweight at the moment due to unrelated issues and not my own doing) when i look at myself in the mirror, i don't see what's really there.

no matter what the scales show, and how many bones i can feel, and how many pairs of size 8 trousers fall off me, i still don't see a skinny girl.

i'm a bit healthier in the head these days, and i don't see fat as such anymore, but i see myself as an average weight, with a tiny bit of chub, when it's obvious logically that i'm not.

i don't know how to make that go away. but i have learned how to stop it affecting me as much.
  • Options
    Just as a matter of interest, have you ever got someone else to stand beside you as you look in a full length mirror? It's very difficult to gauge properly what you really look like without someone else to give you a sense of scale.
  • Options
    I often find myself comparing my body shape to bigger women... Like size 20+ rather than size 14-16 like I am, which is odd really. I'm not like... Self-obsessed or unhappy about my shape really, I know I'm not really good looking but it's something ya come to accept.
  • Options
    I often find myself comparing my body shape to bigger women... Like size 20+ rather than size 14-16 like I am, which is odd really. I'm not like... Self-obsessed or unhappy about my shape really, I know I'm not really good looking but it's something ya come to accept.
    i do the same, it's slightly nasty i know but i compare myself to big women like that....like when i'm having a 'fat day' i'll look at them and think, ''well i'm not so bad after all''
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i do the same, it's slightly nasty i know but i compare myself to big women like that....like when i'm having a 'fat day' i'll look at them and think, ''well i'm not so bad after all''
    Actually I mean that I see myself as the same size as myself, when people tell me I'm smaller.
  • Options
    Actually I mean that I see myself as the same size as myself, when people tell me I'm smaller.
    well you are smaller
  • Options
    I'm a skinny wee rake and I know it!