Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Got myself into a dilema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know ive got myself into this mess and really should have known better, but now I really dont know what to do. Summary:
-I was seeing a lad who lived in Manchester (im in liverpool) for about 6 months. We get/got on well but times were pretty stressful and things got a bit messy. We decided itd be best to split up. (may)
-I pulled one of my oldest friends, we both said we had feelings for each other etc but at the same time we both know it wouldnt/couldnt work. Theres not really any aukwardness between us, but theres definately something hovering. (june)
-I had a 2 week fling thing with one of my uni mates. I dont really know him that well but i like what i do know and am intrigued where it could go. (july)

Id told myself that going back to my ex was a bad idea and told the uni mate that we'd see what happend when we were back, but while i was away over summer i found myself really missing my exs' company and pretty much forgetting the new guy.
I've agreed to meet the ex for what started out as a quick coffee but has evolved into an entire day out, and im scared. I do miss him and want to get back together, but at the same time my heads telling me to cut losses.

So. Go back to ex or cut losses and see where the new option leads? I keep going round and round but i cant decide. And ive been up a mountain for 2 months so had plenty of time (too much!?) to think it all through! Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest, id think about meeting up with your ex, but only to try and develop your friendship. I think it's best to cut your losses, and move on, but obviously as you and your ex are still on good terms, try to keep him as a friend!!
    Its up to you whether you make a go for it with this uni guy, see how you feel when you go back to uni!