Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

parent's will be allowed to choose sex to balance family

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/health_medical/article306435.ece

very lovely indeed you bloody sickos :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Oh great. We'll end up like blodoy China, loads of men, no women. Or vice-versa... what do us westerns prefer? Women or Men? Hmm. Time will tell, I guess. Either way, prepare for choas!!! And not the board member.
  • Options
    I'm really unsure about this, a lot of the families wanting this seem to be trying to replace a child they had in the past, which really has to be unhealthy.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Crap. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. CRAP!

I hate genetics. At least I hate it when it's used to change as opposed to simply understand.
  • Options
    This really isn't the best idea ever. I certainly won't be choosing the sex of my children.
  • Options
    In some areas the hospitals wont tell you the sex of the baby even if you ask, yet we are considering this?
  • Options
    I don't think we're considering this at all, I think it is just a brainstorm bouncing about.

No, people shouldn't be allowed to choose the gender of their child. Changing genetic code to solve disabilities and defects is more tricky to decide- I think changing igenetic code is opening a can of worms, but I can see the benefits to it too.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    In some areas the hospitals wont tell you the sex of the baby even if you ask, yet we are considering this?

Luton, where my parents live is like that.
  • Options
    Luton, where my parents live is like that.
    It tends to be areas with large etrhnic populations, because of the fact that men are far more prized in those cultures.
  • Options
    parts of china have a men:women ratio of 2:1 now

and i dont mind if they use ivf screening to make sure a child wont have huntingdons or something, but otherwise :s a big no no
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't mind Genetics when it's used to cure disease and prevent disease. But as for chosing your "designer baby"... NAZI REVENGE! All Babies must be Arian!

Yeah, Neo Nazi's can get their perfect ARian children. How long until this happens, I wonder?