Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should i contact her?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I broke up with my girlfiend of 5 yrs about 6 weeks ago because of problems with living so far apart. It was her decision as she wanted time to work out if she was ready for me to move to her country.
She told me she still loved me and didnt want to end things but was so upset waiting on me and sick of trying to sound happy on the phone when she was feeling depressed that it was too much for her. I gave her space and didnt contact her unless she contacted me and promised I would be her friend.
I'm getting a bit confused as while she isnt messaging me loads her messages have been about missing talking to me and wanting to call me about different things.
The problem is I really want to speak to her too as she was the one girl I ever truly loved and would do anything for - including giving her up if our relationship was making her unhappy. I know I still love her as I just cant think about a new girlfriend yet.
I dont know if she is trying to drop hints or just being friendly. Its making me so frustrated because on one hand Im trying to move on while on the other Im afraid we will both be losing something special because we are not talking. Do I call her or visit her and make her more confused or should I just chill and see what happens?
We have been through so much in 5 yrs that it would be such a waste if we didnt speak again because of pettyness.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    macka wrote:
    should I just chill and see what happens?
    :yes: - that would be my advice.
    if she wanted "space" and "isn't messeging" you. then you need to give her space.