Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

And then there was the secret court sessions...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

I'm almost lost for words. How far will things before there's a mass-public outcry?

Comments

• Options
    Probably awhile, most people are probably going to be fine with it because they don't think it would effect them...
  • Options
    There can no longer be any doubt which way this "government" wants to go down.

Totalitarianism here we come.

Seems that any legislation will be perfectly acceptable provided you put "terrorism" in it somewhere. Pass me my tinfoil hat please, I am starting to see smoke filled rooms and conspirators.
  • Options
    There is a frighteningly wide acceptance that the government is right and it knows what it is doing.

Surely they wouldnt use this terrorism lark to silence their critics would they?
  • Options
    With this, I'm more concerned about the principle than the fact that the hearings will be held in private.

It is effectively only the plea hearings and pre-trial reviews that will be held in private. bail application hearings already are.
  • Options
    Trial by jury is on its way out, they are wanting to and probably will get rid of it for fraud, then it will be any terrorism offences and then the rest.
  • Options
    I have a good idea why as well.

Our terrorist friends have been arguing jurisdiction I reckon.