Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tony blair announces the bew anti terroism legilation he 'wants'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4748717.stm

still trying to work out what it means and what itll stop other than them arbitarilly deporting people - dont see how it would prevent or stop attacks though :s

the internet ones a good 1, so a person could be deported for browsing extremist websites, does this include the BNP who seeks the repatriation of all non-british?

Comments

• Options
    Firstly the BNP whilst nasty do not (at least not openly) advocate murdering say gays, Jews and Christians. A tiny number of extremist Muslim groups do. The BNP are fundamentalists but they’re not al-Qaeda or Hamas, they don’t advocate blowing people up on buses.

Anyway as the BNP are British they cannot be deported. They’re sadly here to stay and there’s little that can be done about them. The small number of foreign-born Muslims who for instance incite terrorism are not British-born and so can be deported.
  • Options
    These laws won't affect you unless you're a Paki.

Of course when they've kicked the 'Paki's', 'towelheads', 'sand diggers' and 'coons' out (see the colour of your skin determines your potential to be a terrorist) they'll target the anti capitalist people. When human rights hit an all time low for the past two hundred years they'll target the people who are trying to win back civil liberties.

Basically it's not a war against terrorism, it's a war against Islam, freedom of speech and civil liberties.
  • Options

Of course when they've kicked the 'Paki's', 'towelheads', 'sand diggers' and 'coons' out (see the colour of your skin determines your potential to be a terrorist) they'll target the anti capitalist people. When human rights hit an all time low for the past two hundred years they'll target the people who are trying to win back civil liberties.

Basically it's not a war against terrorism, it's a war against Islam, freedom of speech and civil liberties.

First they came for the Jews

And I did not speak out –

Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists

Because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me –

And there was no-one left

To speak out for me.

Pastor Niemöller, 1938

replace jew with muslim, then replace communist with anti-capitalist, then tradue unions with civil liberites groups.....
  • Options
    post deleted by groove
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, this:
    # Make justifying or glorifying terrorism anywhere an offence
    Means I can no longer say it's our own bloody fault (Which it is, we had to fuck about in the middle east and tell them what to do, or we invade you. Great way to piss everyone off, while letting Israel do as it pleases.), I will obviousy be jailed. So Will Ken. And anyone who isn't to blind to see it.

Oh well, Liberties died, and I don't doubt no-one will act. We're fucked, quite blunty. We seem to be becomming more like an oppressive capitalist nation all the time. Like China... shit.
  • Options
    Make justifying or glorifying terrorism anywhere an offence

But you can bet glorifying the murder of RUC men and squaddies by the provos will be excluded from this. I can't see the Government carting their new best friend, Gerry Adams, off to jail.
  • Options

You're exaggerating. Badly.

Human rights hitting an all time low for the past two hundred years? Well, excuse me, but i'd rather experience the UK 2005 than the the UK 1805.

Yes, civil liberties are being eroded. Whether this is little more than a knee-jerk reaction to the issue of terrorism (after all...the root cause, foreign policy, isn't going to be addressed - the government has to be seen to do something, so social measures come into play) or something more sinister is a matter of conjecture, however.