Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

James blunt to Back to bedlam album

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just wondering who else likes this? I think its really good. First music i have liked in the charts for a while.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I like it too! :)
  • Options
    I don't.

It's bland and his voice is annoying.
  • Options
    I hate James Blunt, i really don't understand the appeal of someone with a dull voice saying "You're Beutiful" over and over again.
  • Options
    It's a really good album, that's true, but can't see why the media are hyping him up so much, it's not that different or original what he's doing. Still a good album to listen to though.
  • Options
    i agree, it is a good album, but its not all that different from anything we've heard before.
  • Options
    Well i like it cause it has meaning.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of Wisemen and Goodbye my lover - overally I really like him :) I haven't got the complete album but on 3 seperate occassions friends have described it as quite depressive at times!
  • Options
    I love it! Its one of a few albums i can listen to without having to skip a track because i dont like it. I think its great.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of Wisemen and Goodbye my lover - overally I really like him :) I haven't got the complete album but on 3 seperate occassions friends have described it as quite depressive at times!

Good bye my lover almost had me in tears when I first heard it... Stunning song. Simply stunning.

Still gives me a tingle when I hear it now... :)

In fact, am going to listen to it on the way home from the office... :)

I personally thing that bar one track I am not too keen on, the album is a cracker.
  • Options
    its not bad, i listen to it in bed sometimes, sends me to sleep nicely.
  • Options
    Oh God yes! Good bye My Lover - it's one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard! Isn't there another touchy feely on eon there as well...sth about it's your birthday and I bake you a cake even though you left me four years AGO" sth like that but it really resonated with me, as either it's from the heart and the guy is a bit of a sap and a doormat or he knows how to play with people's buttons and he's laughing all the way to the bank because of people liek me who are suckers for someone else's crocodile tears melancholy-angst. But have to agree with malteser monkay
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Well i like it cause it has meaning.

i haven't heard the rest of the albulm so i can't judge but the song "you're beatiful" is distinctly lacking in meaning...however have a few mates who have it and they said it's good so i'll check it out to see...
  • Options
  • Options
    I think it's horribly over-emotive crap to be perfectly honest.

But you downloaded it;)
    Tom McRae is much better

True.

Go to his website now. Download his free material now. Bow down at his wonder. Now.
  • Options
    I think the album is quite good, with just the last two songs acting as filler.

Though as somebody said at some point, why does he seem to come in two bars early? And is there an accent in the country that says "beautifol"?
  • Options
  • Options
    Not me. Becky did, when she came round. Poor girl, it's starting to feel like Get At Becky Day.
    Oh.

I don't mind Goodbye my Lover, though its a bit on the overblown side.
  • Options
    Well goodbye my lover does have meaning to it & it think its the best track.
  • Options
    GWST wrote:
    Tom McRae is much better
    Kermit wrote:
    True.

Go to his website now. Download his free material now. Bow down at his wonder. Now.
    Well you've got me there, he's good :yes:. Never heard of James Blunt thought :blush:. I don't follow music at all.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    I don't follow music at all.

I don't normally but his single i liked so got the album & its as good/better.
  • Options
    I haven't listened to his album but "You're Beautiful" annoys me. He sings "..she was with another man/But I won't lose no sleep on that, 'cause I've got a plan". The thing is, for the rest of the song, never once does he mention this plan, all he goes on about from there is "and I don't know what to do/Cause I'll never be with you.
  • Options
    Tsk

I did this thread last week... :p
  • Options
    :p i did look down the page & didn't see it so i couldn't be arsed to look again :p will go see what was said...
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Well goodbye my lover does have meaning to it & it think its the best track.
    I do quite like that song, but it is a bit saccarine.
  • Options
    I don't really like him, to be honest. I don't think he can sing. Maybe he writes well... so give his songs to someone who can actually sing them well.
  • Options
    The man is more talented than your average tramp, but by no means deserves this much publicity.

Drags down the ever-falling collective 'talent' in the music industry.
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    The man is more talented than your average tramp, but by no means deserves this much publicity.

I think that is the fairest way to put it.

He's not talentless, there are just far better singers in the genre- such as Tom McRae- who haven't got the publicity. He's saccharine enough to be marketable, that's all it is. I find the stuff I've heard OK, but nothing to get excited about. Dido with a bloke's voice basically.
  • Options
    Yet another artist I discover ages before everyone else and everyone goes on about them like they're really good...

Seriously though:
    Only know 'High' and 'You're Beautiful' and am not too keen on either.
  • Options
    Yet another artist I discover ages before everyone else and everyone goes on about them like they're really good...

o_0

I used to have a friend like you. He was such a fucking dick.