Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Falling for a friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hows best to handle things when you are falling for a friend?

A bit of background info is that I have been friends with this guy since school. (both 21) There has always had a bit of an attraction there and have the spent various nights together over the years. :o

I have quite recently become single after a 4 year relationship (split up about 3 months ago) and have spend some time with my mate and I think I am falling for him! I know that he has been very on and off with a girlfriend for a while and that he is not all that happy with her (not that anything would happen while they are together).

Reading back over this it all sounds a bit all over the place but my real question is what the best way of handling the situation is? Do you think it would be best to keep some distants for a while? Obviously he has a girlfriend and would never get the way of that relationship (I hate cheaters and cheating in general) but just not too sure of the best approach? Dont want to have to not see him at all as he is my friend but dont want to make things awkward between us?

Things can never be simple can they, lol

Thanks if you manage to understand this and relpy :D

Comments

• Options
    Go with your gut, may the force be with you!
  • Options
    Honestly?
    Leave it a while.Firstly because your still probabaly bit mixed up after the break up with your man.
    Secondly falling for a friend youve always been close to is common [happens to me all the time :(] and rarely is anything more than looking for a comfort thing.
    And thirdly....He still has a girlfriend,even if he is unhappy now things might change when hes single,hel need a bit of breathing space no doubt.
    Just see what happens.But youve got a few obstacles to get over first me thinks :)