Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

f.a.o Chester dwellers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Justa quickie...

When on a night out in chester-wheres the best places to go and is there any gay bars/clubs?

Or is liverpool any better?

Pm me or reply-tis up to yoooou!!

cheers
xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    Depends what you want. I haven't lived there for a few years but I was down recently and it was much the same.

Theres a gay club opposite the big corner bar in the town centre (I forget the name). A bus ride away is D&E, or as the locals call it "Desperate and Easy" a horrible corporate type but somehow fun nightclub. One of the other larger ones does a gay night on fridays too I think. I saw the largest ever tranny in there, which was nice.

Liverpool is LOADS better tbh. Chester is expenisive, cliquey and for a "city", rather small. If you are going to stay in chester though, head toward the town centre and you will find it all quite close to there.

Then again, there is always Wrexham, which is somewhere between the two in standard, lots of fun and about the same travel time as Liverpool.

Edited to add - theres a "gay pub" near the walls as you enter from the fountain side of town.
  • Options
    Chester isn't amazing for clubs really. The only gay club/bar there is 6T9, and speaking honestly, it's shit.
  • Options
    I don't know why city was put in quotes. Chester isn't that small a city just the city centre isn't as big as other citys.

If you have ever been to York its like there. A very old city.

Club wise I have never liked it but the spoons is pretty big from memory.
  • Options
    6t9 and the Liverpool Arms...

Liverpool would be better for gay clubbing.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Then again, there is always Wrexham, which is somewhere between the two in standard, lots of fun and about the same travel time as Liverpool.

Edited to add - theres a "gay pub" near the walls as you enter from the fountain side of town.
    The gay pub is the Liverpool Arms, which is near the Blue Coat school.

Wrexham is 'fun'? Well it's Ok for drinking I guess but not hugely gay friendly on a weekend. No good for going out on the pull either... However, there's a drag act on in the Horse and Jockey on Thursdays and Sundays which is very gay friendly. You wouldn't get beaten up for it obviously, the centre of town really isn't that bad either, it's the outskirts.
  • Options
    The Liverpool Arms is full of dirty old men :yeees:
  • Options
    Yeah but it's a gay bar
  • Options
    Not all gay bars are full of dirty old men. The LA is the worst I've come across. A lot of Manchester's bars don't even have a tenth of the old men the LA does, they make up the majority in there.
  • Options
    But to be fair, when we went in there was about 5 people inside... At night it's different. My friend met her first girlfriend whilst working there.
  • Options
    To be fair I've been in there before going out clubbing to 6T9. And it's still full of the same creeps that eye you up and down that lurk there during the day time, but then again you do get a few younger ones in the evening.
  • Options
    Chester and clubbing, not a good mix :no:
  • Options
    I say go to Liverpool.
  • Options
    The gay pub is the Liverpool Arms, which is near the Blue Coat school.

So it is. They used to have a guy in a frock behind the bar. Good tolerance tester.

Ahh memories... Mrs. K is going to get it tonight. :thumb:

Went there and Alchemy (when it was open) with my girlfriends. Good fun.
    Wrexham is 'fun'? Well it's Ok for drinking I guess but not hugely gay friendly on a weekend. No good for going out on the pull either...

I always pulled in Wrexham. Then again, I usually pull in the supermarket and the street too, so maybe it's more down to me than the town. ;)

They are more bothered about your nationality than sexuality tbh. :yes:

I would say go to Liverpool too. Chesters more for getting pissed by the river and paying a fortune for mediocre food.
  • Options
    I live about 20 minutes away from Chester and if I'm honest, I think you would be better off going elsewhere. I think it is pretty shit.

There is a club called RB's (Otherwise known as Rosies) that I've been before. Everyone seems to like it but personally, I thought it was pretty poor.

I never knew that...where do you live?
  • Options
    I live about 20 minutes away from Chester and if I'm honest, I think you would be better off going elsewhere. I think it is pretty shit.

There is a club called RB's (Otherwise known as Rosies) that I've been before. Everyone seems to like it but personally, I thought it was pretty poor.
    Haha ever go to Metal Pig rock night in Rosies?
  • Options
    Haha ever go to Metal Pig rock night in Rosies?

Metal Pig is average at best.
  • Options
    Yeah i didnt rate rosies much either. Liverpool tis much better :yes:
  • Options
    Rosies is the the cheesy club with shit music on a saturday that everyone still seems to end up going to!!
    Its actually not too bad if you go mid-week. Depends what music you like. Ive not been since it was re-furbed.

Brannigans has just re-opened after a re-furb. Ill be checking it out on sunday.

Whats that gayclub that was bright pink but is now brown? Is that Bar 69?? Never been though.

Living room- Very expensive!! Should have stayed as Joe's-that was quite good.

Loaf- is ok, nothing special.

Theres the normal Wetherspoons and Yates'.

Revolution is good.

Theres quite a few good places to start off in (revo, wethers, yates' etc) but no decent clubs to go to after. Its basically either Brannies or Rosies.

Liverpool is much better but theres no trains back to chester after 11pm.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Liverpool is much better but theres no trains back to chester after 11pm.
    If you go with mates, stay in a hostel.
  • Options
    thanks all for helping. were planning on staying in chester at a hotle we stayed at before. Were not big drinkers or clubbers really , and we just fancy going to a few gay clubs only because we've never been to one!!

Thanx again xxx
  • Options
    _Hermione_ wrote:
    thanks all for helping. were planning on staying in chester at a hotle we stayed at before. Were not big drinkers or clubbers really , and we just fancy going to a few gay clubs only because we've never been to one!!

Thanx again xxx

Go to 6T9 then. It rates more than the LA tbh.
  • Options
    If you go with mates, stay in a hostel.

Yeah thats an option to peoples..

My mate lives in Liverpool so theres big advantages to that!!!