Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

meeting someone on holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Has anyone ever had a relationship with someone they met on holiday and has it worked out?

Yes, and no!

She almost ruined my life!!! My advice with someone you meet on holiday would be to take it as it comes when you get home and meet them again. Things usually tend to be different on holiday, and you can't learn enough in such a short space of time to know that it will or won't work.
  • Options
    i met a great guy when i was on holiday in goa, india in november :)
    oh he was wonderful.. *sigh*

unfortunately there was no way in hell that things would work out because of the distance apart (he was a local) plus there was no way that i would leave home to be there with him and he didnt have the money to come to england either! :(
    .. plus he didnt have a visa ;)

we still keep in contact via phone though.. although when i first got back home after the holiday we phoned each other every single day (£360 phone bill! eek! dad was mad :blush: ) and now its more like once every few weeks..

in your case though i do recommend you go over again and see him :) you never know, circumstances may change and a relationship "could" work out