Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Might Be Pregant. Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok. I've been with my boyfriend for a while now.
I'm on the pill; Microgynon 30 to be precise.
I've been on it for about 5 weeks now.
Recently me and my boyfriend have had unprotected sex several times.
He always pulls out before he cums though.
But one time he did not pull out in time.
What are the chances of me being pregnant? As I am very scared. :(
Please help me and give me advice on what to do!
XXXXXXX

Comments

• Options
    Providing you've taken your Pill absolutely correctly, the chances of you being pregnant are particularly slim.

Catching an STI on the other hand is another matter..
  • Options
    Have you taken all your pills correctly? If so, then whether or not your partner ejaculates inside you won't make a difference as you'll be covered.

If in doubt, take a pregnancy test. If you're worried about your partner ejaculating inside you, to save yourself the worry, use a condom too. And if neither of you have had a full screening for STIs then I'd do so as pregnancy is one of the nicer things you can catch.
  • Options
    Thankyou. I've taken all my pills at approximately the same time so I have taken them correctly.
    And I don't think either of us have an STI as he is the only guy I've slept with and visa versa.
    Thankyou for the help. It's much appreciated!
    xxxx
  • Options
    When you start the pill sometimes side effects as periods stopping etc can happen, its so totally unlikely that you have fallen pregnant. I was nervous at first but now i never worry and the more confident you become with the pill the less you will worry about things like this.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    When you start the pill sometimes side effects as periods stopping etc can happen, its so totally unlikely that you have fallen pregnant. I was nervous at first but now i never worry and the more confident you become with the pill the less you will worry about things like this.
    Your comment was so reassuring! Thankyou ever so much <333
  • Options
    Ok i dont really know how this works I think im supposed to be replying but instead im asking all of you for advice...I know this might sound stupid but I had PROTECTED sex like a month ago and i was on birth control too at tha time but i wasnt taking it like i should have been...and my period was almost 2 weeks late so I stopped takin my BC in case I might be pregnant its been 6 days since i stopped and I had a really light period it was really nothing and i stopped tha next day but then i started spotting again and my stomach has been feeling weird and ive been havin pains in my side and ive been gettin sik at my stomach here in tha last few days...does any of this make sense? if so my question is should I be worried about bein PG or is it me goin off my BC? ANY answers to this will really help me! Thanks!
  • Options
    colieo wrote:
    Ok i dont really know how this works I think im supposed to be replying but instead im asking all of you for advice...I know this might sound stupid but I had PROTECTED sex like a month ago and i was on birth control too at tha time but i wasnt taking it like i should have been...and my period was almost 2 weeks late so I stopped takin my BC in case I might be pregnant its been 6 days since i stopped and I had a really light period it was really nothing and i stopped tha next day but then i started spotting again and my stomach has been feeling weird and ive been havin pains in my side and ive been gettin sik at my stomach here in tha last few days...does any of this make sense? if so my question is should I be worried about bein PG or is it me goin off my BC? ANY answers to this will really help me! Thanks!

Take a pregnancy test.
  • Options
    So there is a chance I could be? Im so scared to take a test b/c I honestly dont want to see the results of it......
  • Options
    the pill is 99% effective with perfect use. that means for every 100 people who use it perfectly, 1 will get pregnant. im sure its not that black and white though.

i'd also like to say that pulling out before he cums is a very very unreliable method of contraception as millions of sperm leak out even before ejaculation. if you are using the pill too though and correctly you should be fine.
  • Options
    colieo wrote:
    So there is a chance I could be? Im so scared to take a test b/c I honestly dont want to see the results of it......

take the test, the longer you leave it to take the less options you have.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. You've been a great help.
    And although I'm aware there's still a chance I could be pregnant you've made me feel a little more confident about it.
    <3 xxxxx
  • Options
    colieo wrote:

Well, if you think you're pregnant, you have to find out sooner or later. You could do it the easy way, or the hard way. The easy way would be to pee on a stick and wait for 1 minute. The hard way would be to bury your head in the sand adding more stress for yourself, and limiting your options as time goes on.
  • Options
    The pill is 99% effective when taken right so is soooooo unlikely you'll be pregnant, personally its the only contraceptive method me and my boyfriend use, we're both clear of sti's so its a teeny tiny risk we're willing to take.
  • Options
    I've just finished my pack & I'm on my 7 day break. I started my break on Monday & I'm worried because I've normally come on my period by now.
    I've taken my pills correctly apart from the odd time where I have been upto an hour late.
    Have I reason to worry of pregnancy?
    xxx
  • Options
    Probably not, but even the pill isn't 100% safe.

I presume by the fact that you are worried, then you will have had sex in the past four weeks or so. If not, then why worry? If so and you are worried then it might be worth doing a pregnancy test...
  • Options
    Probably not, but even the pill isn't 100% safe.

I presume by the fact that you are worried, then you will have had sex in the past four weeks or so. If not, then why worry? If so and you are worried then it might be worth doing a pregnancy test...
    Yes I have had sex in the past four weeks. Should I wait till it gets to the day before I am meant to begin my next pack to take the test? xxx
  • Options
    It may be a little soon and if you stress about it, that can actually cause delays...

So might be worth giving it a few days, for sure.
  • Options
    It may be a little soon and if you stress about it, that can actually cause delays...

So might be worth giving it a few days, for sure.
    Thanks for replying; I really appreciate it <3 xxx
  • Options
    When I took my first pack, during the break It took a few days for my period to come on. Like four or five days, you almost always end up bleeding a little when you take the first couple of the next pack. Don't worry. It seems to me that your very paranoid about the risks despite being on the pill. I'm assuming your doctor went through the finer details with you. If not try and get another consultation just to talk about your worries. Also because you seem very paranoid (which can in fact affect your cycle and cause even more stress). I know you've gone on the pill probably so you can have sex without condoms, but if I were you, for your own piece of mind I'd continue using condoms. Your boyfriend, if you explain everything, I'm sure will be very understanding.
    Hope I helped.