Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice needed...please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I'm new here (spend lots of time surfing tinternet!) so I'm gonna give you some background first....

Right so I'm 31 (or 25,6 as I prefer!!!!) and I'm a virgin. I would like to think it was out of choice (I do believe that I should loose it with someone special!) but to be honest the opportunity has never arisen. I suffer with the skin condition Psoriasis (which is kinda like a permenant form of exzema...big scaley red patches all over my body) and so am understandably self concious about the way I look. (I dont think that I am attractive, in fact I would rate myself as being below average in looks - so any donations for cosmetic surgery would be gratefully received! LOL)

Recently I moved to a new area with work, the only people I know are my colleagues who are all much younger than I am, and so I spend a lot of time just sat at home with the TV or computer for company. I dont know where to go, or what to do in the evenings...and to be brutally honest when I do go out, I just get starred at anyway - I try to ignore it but it does get very annoying!!!!

There's a girl who works in the shop opposite mine. She is everything I'm not a woman! (which I thought was a good start!) beautiful, seemingly popular, and absolutely stunningly gorgeous! (Waaaayyyyy out of my league!) I smile at her, and she smiles back. She's seen me dancing (to entertain my staff!) and started applauding, so she's obviously noticed me (either that or she's just really bored!) I soooo want to ask her out! But I've never spoken to her....what do I do? My colleagues just tell me to go over and chat...but how can I? Everytime I've asked a girl out in the past they've laughed in my face, and mad my life a misery! One girl even said she'd rather go out with a rotting corpse! (which really does wonders for your confidence!)

I just need to know what you ppl would do? Should I even bother? Why put my self up for more crushing rejection? Could I be aiming too high? Could I be one of those nothing guys that dates some hot woman? (you ALWAYS see that dont you?) Sorry if it's a bit garbled but just ask any more questions and I will answer them....I just need some help!

:blush:

Comments

• Options
    Just talk to her, don't ask her out straight away. She sounds friendly enough. Even if it doesn't develop into anything, you'll hopefully have made a new friend, and talking to such an attractive women will 1)boost your own confidence, and 2) do you absolutely no harm in the eyes of other women either.

My sister suffers from Psoriasis, and she finds that the better she is feeling (i.e. happy, confident, healthy) the less it affects her. Its when she gets really stressed that the patches of redness get worse. Try and concentrate on yourself for a while, instead of worrying about what others think, and go and chat to her. I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Try this website http://www.knowhere.co.uk/ if you dont know the area where you live
  • Options
    I'd recommend going to have a chat with her :) from what you've said you sound like a really nice guy and that's what girls go for - not looks. Just when you're on your break or whatever start up some idle gossip, talk about the weather if you want! I'm sure a conversation will develop. After you get to know her a bit better than you could ask her out.

I mean, there's nothing to stop you asking her out straight away :) but the fact that she doesn't know you all that well might mean she's a bit wary. Do you know if she has a boyfriend?
  • Options
    Dnt just jump in , take it slow and if things are gona work out they will, but remember everybodies nt the same!!
  • Options
    Hey!

thanx for the comments and advice...it's good to know that there are ppl out there who dont ridicule you...

I suppose at the mo my P is pretty bad, mainly down to stress! (new place, money, work...I work in retail and we're struggling at the mo!)

That knowhere site is REALLY good...so THANKYOU for that...(it even mentions my shop!) been browsing that...

I've tried going in to her shop before, but I get the impression that she is shy too, so it was kinda a quick smile and a slightly awkward silence...night have to borrow their hoover or something! LOL

I dont know if she has a BF...but my colleagues and I make a joke about how we're married (so she better not be having an affair!!! LOL)

Will keep u updated on what happens...BUT THANKYOU ALL AGAIN! (and to any new readers...please comment!)

thnx

Ash (",)
  • Options
    Try making just general conversation at the moment.
    Start out by asking something like "Have you got the time?". Then as you get more confident talking to her start up conversations & eventually ask her out on a date. =)
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine. x