Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving in with fella????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well my fella has got a flat and wants me to move in with, I wanna but I dont think we'll cope with money. I think he has rushed into it and I've told him and he says he aint. But if I do move in I'll have to give up alot of things, like uni - I wont be able to go there in september. I'm younger than he is and he's done all the going out stuff, clubbin.... but I aint and I dont wanna be tied down with bills and stuff. I did want a place of our own, but then I thought about costs and stuff and left it, but then he started flat hunting and stuff. Im supposed to be moving in with him next monday. I'm in two halfs!

Have any of you got a place with your partner?! Im sooo stuck as to what to do!

Any advice will be greatfull!!! Thanks! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Don't change you life for him if you aren't sure.

Go to uni. If it's meant to be then he can wait..?
  • Options
    I know but I dunno if I want to go to uni anyway! Im just unsure about money and gettin tied down and stuff! :impissed:
  • Options
    I'd say it would depend on what would make you happier, living with him or going to Uni.
    Then again I'd also say that if you need to think about it than perhaps you shouldn't move in with him because it's not a decision you can make lightly! You should definitely be certain about it before considering it.
  • Options
    I'd suggest going to Uni, qualifications are with you for the rest of your life, unfortunately, relationships generally aren't.
  • Options
    If you have any qualms about moving in with your man then dont do it!Its not the right time and why jepordise your education and career for something which [im sorry to sound like a right cow] proabably will be gone in 4 years.In 4 years times you could have a degree and well on the way to a decent job.
    Moving in really isnt all its cracked up to be either when you havent got everything sorted financially.Theres the enormous rows youl have about petty things and suddenly the dirty boxers he used to leave all over his own bedroom floor that seemed semi-endearing dont seem so and your screaming at him to "have a bit more respect for the place" while wishing that you could escape for a bit because your sick of scrimping and saving.Ahem..thats what it was like for me anyway.
    Your still young,go out and have fun,go to uni and revel in your youth for a little longer.
    Its the old cliche - if your man loves you he will wait.
  • Options
    I wudnt worry to much about bills if at least one of u have a full time job or each have part time! I dnt worry but my partner works full time and we mange fine, you may nt beabole to splash out on clothes everyweek but it makes things more worthy!! Am only 18 and we bought our house and i had all these worrys before but am still here 2 yrs late, nt starvin, nt with out anythin xxx