Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TV Licensing staff are scum part 47

The agency that administers TV Licensing has apologised after sending a woman grieving for her close friend a rebate made payable to Mrs D Cremated. She was applying for a rebate after her friend died of cancer.

From The Independent, 22/07/05.

What a bunch of abolute tossers. Apparently it was an "operator error", which presumably means some spiteful cunt working for an organisation staffed entirely by spiteful cunts though it'd be amusing to insult someone in that way.

Again, the sooner the TV Licensing authority, and the BBC, is closed down the better it will be for the world.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    That is quite funny though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sure it was hilarious for the grieving woman.

Shows a tiny bit of wit I guess.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm sure it was hilarious for the grieving woman.

I'm sure it wasn't but it made me laugh. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    What else do bored people in an office do?

Of course, they traumatise people. Oh well.
  • Options
    Whilst I'm sure most people raised a cheeky grin at that when they first read it much as they would if someone told it as a joke, in a real-life situation that is terrible. If you'd just lost a parent/brother/sister etc you'd be absolutely distraught.
  • Options
    Yep.

The BBC and the parasites that hound you for payment deserve to be shut down, arrested and jailed for life.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yep.

The BBC and the parasites that hound you for payment deserve to be shut down, arrested and jailed for life.

I really don't understand your problem with the BBC. It's roughly £3 a week and in my opinion much better than any other channels. Just look at the news compared to ITV. Also I don't think you can tar all of the employee's with the same brush. Obviously this one is a bastard but to say that they all are is a bit wrong.

On a slightly related note this has reminded me that I need to get the £30 of my TV license back as I am covered by my home one while im at home during my holidays.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I really don't understand your problem with the BBC. It's roughly £3 a week and in my opinion much better than any other channels. Just look at the news compared to ITV.

My problem with the BBC is not how much it costs, it is that they can send me to prison if I decide I wish to watch ITV programming without paying the BBC some protection money first.

I know I'm sounding like Klintock, but the BBC is entirely morally unjustifiable, regardless of how "good value" the corporation is.

All I want to watch on TV is Sky Sports, why should I pay the BBC (a rival broadcaster, after all) a large amount of money to do so.

Would you be happy if you had to pay Odeon £3 a week to go and watch films at UCI? Would you be happy that if you didn't pay that fee you could be kidnapped and have your liberty removed?

Oh, and about refunds. Great that I can only claim for a full unused quarter, isn't it? Thieving cunts.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    My problem with the BBC is not how much it costs, it is that they can send me to prison if I decide I wish to watch ITV programming without paying the BBC some protection money first.

I know I'm sounding like Klintock, but the BBC is entirely morally unjustifiable, regardless of how "good value" the corporation is.

All I want to watch on TV is Sky Sports, why should I pay the BBC (a rival broadcaster, after all) a large amount of money to do so.

Would you be happy if you had to pay Odeon £3 a week to go and watch films at UCI? Would you be happy that if you didn't pay that fee you could be kidnapped and have your liberty removed?

Of course I wouldn't.

You must involve it in your life somehow. Are you saying you truely do not listen to any BBC radio, watch BBC TV or browse the BBC website then.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Of course I wouldn't.

So why is the BBC any different?
    You must involve it in your life somehow. Are you saying you truely do not listen to any BBC radio, watch BBC TV or browse the BBC website then.

I do listen to the radio and the internet, but that simply isn't the point. I do watch their programming now that I have a TV license and cable TV too.

I have to pay them money regardless of whether I use their services. I have to pay money to cunts like Davidson and Norton regardless of whether I would rather see them dead in the bottom of a ditch somewhere.

If I don't want to receive any BBC services I should not have to pay them. Or, more accurately, I should only have to pay them if I want to. They certainly shouldn't be allowed to kidnap me and steal my property if I refuse to.
  • Options
    I know I'm sounding like Klintock,

This made me giggle.

Why the hell do you pay them anyway?
  • Options
    I can't really afford ot have them rob my house and kidnap me.
  • Options
    I can't really afford ot have them rob my house and kidnap me.

They don't take you to court then?