Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Next move after pulling in club?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so you pull in a club, had a bit to drink, girl seems interested and get the girls number.

Next day, you text her and she doesn't reply.

Will she still reply or is she defo not interested? If I were to try again, should I text her or call her?

Any suggestions/advice greatfully received! Haven't had this problem before!

Comments

• Options
    depends on the situation mate, was she really drunk, tbh i don't think she's interested otherwise she would've texted backed, when people are drunk in clubs they'll give their number out to anyone really, i always wake up in the morning with random names on my phone, though she mighn't have money on her phone which might be a consolation but i wouldn't get my hopes up mate
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    depends on the situation mate, was she really drunk, tbh i don't think she's interested otherwise she would've texted backed, when people are drunk in clubs they'll give their number out to anyone really, i always wake up in the morning with random names on my phone, though she mighn't have money on her phone which might be a consolation but i wouldn't get my hopes up mate

That's the thing - she didn't seem particularly drunk, she seemed like she was interested.

Now it's got me thinking what I might have done wrong and I don't know! :(
  • Options
    You've text her, its now her move. If she doesn't text/call you back she wasn't interested after all.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    You've text her, its now her move. If she doesn't text/call you back she wasn't interested after all.

Ok - so you don't think I should try calling her after a week or so just to make sure?
  • Options
    unless thou hast met somehow else in a non bar/club way

then i think a week of her not ringing you or texting you back is a bad sign, she might not even remember who you are or what you look like tbh
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've pulled plenty of girls in clubs and gone home/back to theirs but not one of them developed into anything after that night. Who wants to go out with an easy girl?

I don't think a club are that good a place to meet future partners to be honest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Chances are, she's not really interested, I wouldn't continue to try and call or text her if she hasn't responded at all.

Bars/clubs aren't the best places to meet someone you want to be with for the long term.

Don't take it to heart, she probably just wanted a fun night out, nothing serious. All part of dating, got to take the rough end with the smooth. Rejection isn't nice, but it isn't a huge loss as you weren't emotionally involved or anything.
  • Options
    Don't even bother texting her the next day, leave at least 2 days.
  • Options
    Don't even bother texting her the next day, leave at least 2 days.

Hooray! Someone said it. :yes:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Who wants to go out with an easy girl?

LOL - although that is a bit harsh! Just because a lass (like most lads do) is fine getting jiggy on the first night doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them!

I've started seeing girls i've met initially on a ONS - just means you don't have to go through all the stupid "will she, won't she" bullshit.
  • Options
    Yeah just leave it mate ... maybe she's out of credit or something but if you keep trying to get into contact your just gonna seem a little desperate - forget about it and go out and pull someone else

Oh and even if you don't wait two days you really shouldn't txt the next day . . leave one at least :)
  • Options
    if she wants to text back, she will. end of.

and if you pester her by sending more messages she'll think you're a stalker.
  • Options
    Cheers for all that guys.

The thing is she just seemed nice, and I just liked her. I kept thinking maybe I should have walked her home and this that and the other, but anyway, that was then and this is now, these things happen, and its time to move on!
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    LOL - although that is a bit harsh! Just because a lass (like most lads do) is fine getting jiggy on the first night doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them!

I've started seeing girls i've met initially on a ONS - just means you don't have to go through all the stupid "will she, won't she" bullshit.

yeh, and theres also nothing wrong with wanting to avoid going out with an easy girl
  • Options
    theaman wrote:
    Cheers for all that guys.

The thing is she just seemed nice, and I just liked her. I kept thinking maybe I should have walked her home and this that and the other, but anyway, that was then and this is now, these things happen, and its time to move on!
    What's the worst that could happen by you calling her?

Don't miss out on what could be a fantastic bird by avoiding a risk of embarrasment, I mean really, what does it matter? The worst it's going to be is a "no thanks, not interested" isn't it? You've lost nothing, and you never know, she might appreciate a little effort on your part.

Go on, give it a go. Can't really hurt can it?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What's the worst that could happen by you calling her?

Don't miss out on what could be a fantastic bird by avoiding a risk of embarrasment, I mean really, what does it matter? The worst it's going to be is a "no thanks, not interested" isn't it? You've lost nothing, and you never know, she might appreciate a little effort on your part.

Go on, give it a go. Can't really hurt can it?

I'm thinking about it, but I'll be on holiday soon, so if I ring her, a date wouldn't be until a few weeks after.

I mean, how often is it the case where you send a text and get no reply, yet further contact either by phone or text, does work?
  • Options
    for crying out loud, if you want to ring her...ring her!!!!
  • Options
    LOL ok!

Kept replying as thats the way the thread was going!

In response to your comment, I might do, might not. :D
  • Options
    I met my fiance in a rock club, 3 1/2 years later were still together and planning to get married... sometimes things do work out. :love:
  • Options
    Ring her, seriously, if she's interested RING HER AGAIN when you get back mate. Stop pussy-footing around like a 5 year old girl in pigtails.