Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am a bit scuppered as what to do!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so in April i split with the girlfriend. The only reason we split was because of the constant accusations of me cheating (which i didnt'). Anyway, we have kept in touch, gone out every so often for a drink etc... and get on great (we always got on great, apart from the accusations). Now I'm not one for feelings. Get over people very quickly (girlfriend of 2 yrs took 4 days, girlfriend of 1 yrs took 2 hours), but for some reason I still want her. I know she's sleeping with other people, as am i, but i just so want her again. Am I being stupid? Is the problem still gonna be there if we give it another shot??

Comments

• Options
    If it's her who was always accusing you then it's really her you need to be asking. Does she think she could trust you any more now than she did back then? Has she got over the whole accusations thing, does she think she'll be able to stop doing it? Moreover, does she even want to get back with you? You say she's sleeping with other people...maybe she's happy being single. I'm not trying to put a dampener on things, if you are both up for it then go for it and give it a second try (maybe for a trial period or something)...but it has to be what both of you want. You need to speak to her and make absolutely sure she will be able to trust you, otherwise yeah, I think things will go back to how they were before.
  • Options
    I think its hard to make things work second time round when things go wrong! I attempted it several times with my ex, but the trust could never be regained really. Its true, there are loads of people out there! Im currently meeting new people all the time, dont necessarily want to be in a relationship with them, but i think its better to meet new people. If you go backwards its likely to fail again. Anyway, you say you got over her in two hours, so it sounds to me like you probably just miss having someone around like that, rather than actually missing her as a girlfriend. Its easy to get used to someone just being around all the time, it almost becomes a habit.
  • Options
    I have no problem meeting other people.. Just none of them people are really comparing (and trust me, there's lots). She has already told me she wants me back, and how she's a changed person. I just dunno what to do.
  • Options
    I have no problem meeting other people.. Just none of them people are really comparing (and trust me, there's lots). She has already told me she wants me back, and how she's a changed person. I just dunno what to do.

I'd say give it another go! What could be the worst thing that could happen? You'd split up again...... but at least you know that it didnt work second time, at least you wouldnt be thinking 'what if' ect. Give it a go, life is too short mate! :thumb: