Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inciting Terror

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, as the proposed law begins it's transit through the commons - Story - I was wondering...

How do you think this would be enforced?
What actually constitutes "incitement"?
Would Chrie Blairs comments about the palestinian bomber last year, fall under this law?
Is it actually workable?

Comments

• Options
    Like any rushed knee-jerk law, it is a load ofcrap that will persewcute innocent people and leave the guilty ones alone. It'll piss off huge sections of the community, and we'll be back at square one.

It will be enforced in the usual way: the prosecution will ask for something, and the court will acquiesce.
  • Options
    The very problem-reaction-solution scenario I have been arguing. But the proof certainly can't be in the pudding, nah it's all just "conspiracy theory". And so it will continue, intrusive measure upon intrusive measure until everyone is a terrorist for so much as pointing at a finger at the real criminals getting off scott free.
  • Options
    As has been said before, an opportunist makes a terrorist not.
  • Options
    I would like to hear mr. conspiracy nut aka clandestines theory about why, in his view, there are all these dastardly conspiracies out there trying to read his mind? Tin Foil Hat suits you! But seriously, why does the ZOG want all this power?

I think "indirect incitement" will be very hard to prove and rushed laws are usually bad laws (see dangerous dogs act 1991). I think the spirit of the law is a commendable one, and we shouldn't tolerate extremists applauding acts of terror, spreading hatred and creating the atmosphere where it becomes acceptable for someone to choose to be a terrorist and then go target and murder civilians.
  • Options
    duvdevan wrote:
    I would like to hear mr. conspiracy nut aka clandestines theory about why, in his view, there are all these dastardly conspiracies out there trying to read his mind? Tin Foil Hat suits you! But seriously, why does the ZOG want all this power?

I can't decide if this is naive or stupid. I suspect the latter.

There is always some truth in the conspiracy theories. I don't think people who believe them are "nuts", I just don't think there is enough decent evidence to support a view that is not the orthodox in this case.

The leaders of the West can, do and have taken advantage of what's happened. I think the US Government could have prevented 9/11 (Clinton's intelligence certainly indicates so), but chose not to for political reasons. I don't think they did it though.

I am, however, prepared to concede that the CIA will have enough agents provocateur to make anything happen.

As for the last point, yes, I do think Zog wants power. Don't we all?
  • Options
    You haven't answered my question, why does ZOG want power?

Sure, the CIA fucked a lot of things up. It does not a conspiracy make. This all powerful CIA seems to fuck loads of things up.

There is always some truth in the conspiracy theories? What a fatuous, moronic statement. David Icke believes that the world had been taken over by a race of reptiles called the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that some prominent people were in fact lizards, including George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, the Queen Mother, and Kris Kristofferson. Tell me what part of that conspiracy theory is true? Don't worry, I will tell you, none of it!
  • Options
    No Kermy, but then with a clear geo-political agenda in operation now since 911, this is not a matter of momentary "opportunism". It is however a quite logical extension and furtherance of the very process of enacting increasingly repressive measures at home (to protect the sheep from the nasty conrived foreign menace coming to get them) in concert with clear geo-politcal objectives abroad which, again, has been similarly expounded by countless investigators and analysts on the subject. False Flag operations are a time proven tactic for manipulating public sentiment, especially in the context of the present agenda with so much left to secure and control across the mid-Asian crescent.

As for you duv, you can go join the rest of the mental sloths who can't tell the difference between quite real policy agendas which are domnstrably in action and a string of patented gibberish terms never once employed in any of my posts. You'll have to shop elsewhere for UFO's or ZOG's I'm afraid, not my cup of tea.

When it comes to murdering innocent civilians, your precious Israel has the market cornered on that score. Though I don't expect that you're all too well versed on that upsetting wrench in your routine apologetic either.

Though I strongly doubt anyone has done so, I am curious whether any of my detractors have ever bothered to read Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard"?

Perhaps we'd have less incredulity and idiotic retorts of "conspiracy theory" if people bothered to see just how seriously Washington and its partners view the real objectives of their renewed militancy.
  • Options
    Oh god, here we go again.
    The very problem-reaction-solution scenario I have been arguing.

I repeat, I'm pretty convinced that Paul Burrell didn't kill Diana. He's done quite well as a result though...
  • Options
    Foilhat2.jpg I have found a picture of clandestine!
  • Options
    duvdevan wrote:
    I have found a picture of clandestine!

The amount of thinking, arguing and evidence that went into that post is impressive.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Its stock in trade blather for duv, ftp. He only validates my point about his lack of intellectual capabilities with such ridiculous drivel.
  • Options
    Paul Burrell is not making geo-political decisions on behalf of nation states MoK. Your suggestion is a complete nonsequitor, however clever you may think it to be as a retort.
  • Options
    Paul Burrell is not making geo-political decisions on behalf of nation states MoK. Your suggestion is a complete nonsequitor, however clever you may think it to be as a retort.

So your theory is only applicable to decisions on behalf of nation states?
  • Options
    Paul Burrell is not making geo-political decisions on behalf of nation states MoK.

So Tony Blair and GWB are directly linked to the terrorist attacks then?
  • Options
    Obviously you'd rather just be a prick than bother trying to comprehend what has been elaborated at length. Go read the reference materials repeatedly suggested to you if you cannot seem to fathom how our government systems function or how operative level roles involved in the support our prevailing system are carried out.

Don't think I ever said GWB or Blair had to give each individual order for the Intelligence services to conduct false flag operations. It comes with their long-existng remit.

You go right ahead and believe that nebulous boogeymen want to bomb us because they simply hate us, no matter how illogical it might be given that our governments will then use it as a pretext for bombing the next ME country to perdition. You prefer that fantasy to any effort at putting the matter into it much more logical context, so be it.

Be sure to check under your bed everynight for ol Al.
  • Options
    Don't think I ever said GWB or Blair had to give each individual order for the Intelligence services to conduct false flag operations. It comes with their long-existng remit.

You implied that the people responsible were those who made the "geo-political decisions". I picked those two as the first step. So who gave the original order then?

Oh, and should I have included the UN too?
    You go right ahead and believe that nebulous boogeymen

I'm sorry, did you expect me to take that comment seriously, when it's made by the man who seems to believe in a "marlboro-Man" type cartel runs the world and is behind the whole terrorism issue.
    Be sure to check under your bed everynight for ol Al.

Erm... my views of "Al" are quite clear. Obviously not to you though.
  • Options
    Oh, BTW, thanks for taking the tread completely off track.

Do you have an opinion on the questions I raised, or can I expect another rant about the PNAC/MIC/Man in the moon?
  • Options
    The amount of thinking, arguing and evidence that went into that post is impressive.

:thumb:

Compared to your post?

:confused:
  • Options
    duvdevan wrote:
    Compared to your post?

:confused:

Sorry, did you make a point that was worth responding to?

Looked like a bunch of ad homs to me........

That absurd signature always reduces the value of your posts by about 75% so its hard to tell really.
  • Options

How do you think this would be enforced?
    What actually constitutes "incitement"?
    Would Chrie Blairs comments about the palestinian bomber last year, fall under this law?
    Is it actually workable?

i can see how preparing for and training for attacks could be enforced, though the incitment part couldn't, say you were pissed off at some politician and you said "fuck i just wish someone would blow his house up" would that be an arrestable offence...there's a ifne line to be treaded

is it not up to the judge or jury to decide what incitment is, i doubt there'd be a universal agreement on what constituted what imo?

sympathising with bombers is different than inciting them imo

nope don't think it would be workable...the police are not everywhere to hear everyone talk, and i doubt extremists will be having public rallies now because of this law