Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lib Dems hold Cheadle.

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good for them. Is Kennedy strutting around in that yellow suit again?
  • Options
    Good news for the Labour party
  • Options
    how is it good news for Labour?
  • Options
    The British electoral system means that its extremely unlikely the Lib Dems will ever win an election, so it doesn't really matter if they pick up the odd seat. if the Tories were picking up by0-election seats it would show they were recovering and a threat to Labour.
  • Options
    I don't think it is that significant to be honest. Putting the last few years of the last Tory rule aside, it is not unusual for governments to get absolutely battered in by-elections only to win the General later on. Given the current fortunes of the two main parties it would take an awful lot more than just the Tories winning a few by-elections for them to become a real threat. In any case I don't think there was a big majority in this County was there? It wouldn't have been that much of a swing...
  • Options
    But it was one the Tories used to hold and were confident of winning back. If they can't wins seats like this from the Lib Dems they're going to have to rethink strategy.
  • Options
    The Conservatives havn't won a by-election since 1982..... not that i give a fuck if a Tory government never win....