Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Making Poverty History

This is one of the more intelligent articles I've read about the Make Poverty History campaign.

Certainly one for all the attackers of Geldof to think about.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like this article... Makes a lot of fair points about the kneejerk reaction the G8 kinda caused...

In fact this guy pretty much rocks.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    This is one of the more intelligent articles I've read about the Make Poverty History campaign.

Certainly one for all the attackers of Geldof to think about.

When did slavery become history? Every man,woman and child is claimed as a "citizen" by at least one corporation.

And Kermit,before you let your emotions get the better of you,why not do some research on"corporations" from a "legal" point of view.From reading some of your posts I happen to think you are capable of that.(Think Ballentine`s)

seeker
  • Options
    Are they both conservative twats?

wilberforce.gif

Slob Welloff

bob.jpg

William Wilberforce

:yes:
  • Options
    still slavery in west africa, why i dont buy chocolate much.... using child slaves
  • Options

Since when is Geldoff in any way 'conservative'?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    urban75 block forum links if your not registered, so not great to link to
  • Options
    oh yeah, i forgot :o
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    urban75 block forum links if your not registered, so not great to link to

the archive version
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    How desperate are people to be conned by this bollocks?
    Renzo wrote:
    Since when is Geldoff in any way 'conservative'?

Did you miss his campaign to paint a war criminal as a hero?

Did you miss the fact that he keeps Africans out of his spectaculars?
    Far from revealing the real relationship between Africa and imperialism, we have been overwhelmed with a carefully crafted disinformation campaign that sought to shift the responsibility from the capitalist world to all those corrupt African leaders, not that some are not corrupt but look around you folks, are not the ‘leaders’ of the free world mired in corruption from Blair’s relationship to the government of Saudi Arabia to Bush’s incestuous relationship to Halliburton and of course the criminal act of invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

The leading multi-national corporations would have us believe that they will voluntarily make good the theft of the past decades but any analysis of the past crimes of capitalism reveals they give up nothing, not an inch without being forced to so what makes you think anything has changed?

We need only look at the Anglo-American corporations involved in the giant con-game called debt cancellation and ‘aid’ to Africa:

Halliburton, Exxon Mobil, Coca-Cola, General Motors, Starbucks, Raytheon, Microsoft, Boeing, Cargill, Citigroup, Anglo American, Shell, British American Tobacco, Standard Chartered Bank, Barclays and De Beers are just a few of the alleged philanthropic corporations who overnight, have acquired a startling 'change of heart' concerning Africa.

Jive8
  • Options
    interesting to note that many anti aids drugs combinations, composed of many different drugs of varying complexity doses, are rendered innefficient in regards that precise timing cant be used, as many africans cant tell the time

and rugs companies however rich they are, cant calculate the cost of free oor reduced drugs, as they no longer have any valid means of knowing how long these people on free medication would last

these are just devils advocatwe thoughts