Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microgynon 30..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been taking microgynon 30 for 6 months now, ive never forgotten a pill until today I messed up :!: I decided to run two packs together for the first time, which obviously meant starting the second pack the day after I usually start.
Well to cut a long story short I thought id missed a pill because id taken the day marked "monday" (my usual day) instead of tuesday. I took another (knowing that if you miss a pill you should take it asap, even if that means taking two).
I then realised that I hadnt missed one, so ive taken todays pill and tomorrows in one go. Should I take my next pill the day after tomorrow and just take extra precautions?

Comments

• Options
    If you've taken two in a day your still protected, but at the end of the packet because your stopping early and stuff i would say use extra protection...
    thats what i'd do, not sure if its the right thing sorry!!
  • Options
    I would just take a pill tomorrow as normal!
  • Options
    Thats what I thought, Ive taken tomorrows pill today aswell.So if I take a pill tomorrow Ill just finish the pack a day early. Id just have had 21 pills in 20 days. Ive not actually missed any.. :confused:
  • Options
    Dont worry, if you need the info that comes with microgynon 30 it says that if you lose a pill then take your last pill of the packet and carry on as normal. so after you've taken the last pill of the pack, you still have seven 'free' days and start as normal on the next pack. Your cycle will only be 27 days long but your contraception will not be affected. (basically what your case is).

Hope that helped
  • Options