Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best way to take fake nails off? I've had mine on for near enough 18 months

Comments

• Options
    Go buy a bottle of acetone from your local chemist for about £1, soak your nails in it for ages till its all disolved. Your nails will feel very strange
  • Options
    I had nails years ago and thats what I did and it took hours!
    After \bout 1-2hrs i just ripped them off as it didn't seem to work and it was gonna take like a day!
  • Options
    why dont you just go bak to where you got them done and they should do it for you.. your nails will be really fragile!! thats why i stoped getting extenstions and grow my own now! ;)
  • Options
    go to the professionals, you could really damage your nails underneath otherwise.
  • Options
    sweet_gal wrote:
    why dont you just go bak to where you got them done and they should do it for you.. your nails will be really fragile!! thats why i stoped getting extenstions and grow my own now! ;)

When I took mine off last month my nails underneath were horrible and really bendy, even now they are still week so Im keepin em short n neat for a bit to get their strength back then Il grow my own.
  • Options
    Have you tried nail strengthening polish? Sally Hansen does a really good one. :thumb:
  • Options
    omg you've had them for 18 months!
    thats the longest i've known any one to have them!
    when i used to get them done i only kept them for a month and go them re done!
  • Options
    Yeh I went ever 3 weeks for infills but been going for 18 months
    All off now!
    Soaked them off and got some Teflon stuff on them, getting a proper kit for repairing natural nails after acryllics this week hope it works!
    only got one sore finger the nail broke right down to the skin - OW!