Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pregnant or Not?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Another pregnancy question. Sorry bout the length about the length, but please take your time and help me with my dilemma.

My girlfriend last had sex in February. This caused her a lot of stress because she cheated on her b/f, which was me, we then split up because of this but got back together about 3 months later because I still wanted to be with her. She said that she missed her period straight after she had sex, but since then has had periods, although she says have been a bit irregular such as being a day early etc.. She has been sick many times since then. Also we have both noticed that she has been developing a bump on her stomach. I told her to take a pregnancy test about 2 months ago but turns out she didnt.

All the symptoms can have alternate explanations but are also pregnancy related:

She could of misssed her period because of stress of realising what she had done, although she says she was forced into doing it, which I dont really know. And that it led to our break up. Also the fact that she has been having periods since then adds more confusion. She was being sick alot of times, but that could of been the fact that I was refusing to get back with her and she was upset and cause her to be sick. Also previously she was on the pill and I read somewhere that once you come off the pill that you can develop side-effects of growing a bump on your stomach?

Well anyway I basically convinced her that she was pregnant because she had to take a test or go to the doctors. She took the test the same day, on her own. Although it said that she should take the test when her period was supposed to start, but the thing is she has had periods since so we took the test the day her period started. She says that the test reported back negatively, but I was wondering if there was time limit in which you can this test?

Basically I'm wondering if it is possible that the test is invalid? Or if the alternate explanations that I have described are feesible? And if there is a possibility that she could be pregnant?

Thanks everyone for reading this. It is gretaly appreciated.

Also thanks in advance for your replies

David

Comments

• Options
    Pregnancy tests are never 100%. You could always do another one.

Although if we're looking at possible conception in February, it should have shown up TBH.
  • Options
    pregnancy hormones levels can be high enough to be picked up in a urine pregnancy test from as early as a week after conception, so if she was pregnant in feb, it would definately show on a test now. im not accusing her, but are you sure she was telling you the truth about having periods and taking tests?

if she has taken a test since feb, and that was the last time she had sex then if she was pregnant then im sure it would show on the test by now, i don't think there's a time limit on testing.
  • Options
    Well I have noticed first hand two of her periods starting. As I have been there when she has said they are occuring. Also I have seen her bleeding once, which wasnt nice, but this wasn't expected because her period wasn't due for another day. Whilst the other time, we were having a bit of foreplay and she felt uncomfortable and turned out she was bleeding. So i doubt that she is lying about that.

She didnt take the first test, which she said she did. But I believe her this time because she brought the test and everything. She even told me that she thinks her dad found it and was angry because he might of thought it was her mums. Personally I believe that the worrying she went through because of that and it isn't exactly a story you would be able to make up, that I trust her, in the fact she made an attempt to take it. I told her straight after to take another test in a weeks time just to make sure.
  • Options
    or you could just go and buy her a twin pack...get her to take one straight away and one in the morning and then all the stress and worrying will be over.

it is possible to bleed and still be pregnant, but its very rare.