Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is the best way of getting over someone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Am new here and having a tough time at the moment. My boyfriend (now my ex) split up with me last week. We had been together for about 2 months and it was a complete shock. I'm trying my best to move on but I can't help but miss him. He has chosen to have no contact with me so it's not like I can even speak to him anymore.

What is the best way of dealing with this and trying to move on? I've seen friends and spent time with the family but still can't get the feeling to go.

Even though we were only together for a little amount of time we were very very close and I could see myself with him for a long long time.

Is it wise to go out looking for someone? I'm not looking to hurt anyone because I know how it feels but at the same time I don't want to be alone. I miss hugs! :no:

Comments

• Options
    Omg. 2 months?!

Try 18 months, then I'll cry you a river.

:)
  • Options
    Damn girl! 1983 is right. me and my boyfriend borke up in october after going out for about 18months and im still finding it hard at times.... 2 months shouldnt be enough time to get to know someone on a serious emotional level where you could be greatly damaged. consider yourself lucky it wasnt longer. it would have hurt more if you'd got to know him well. i went out looking for someone but you only regret it in the morning as you know it was wrong and useless. just take time to think about things and how you can benefit from being on your own. when you meet someone new without realising it,you'll be ready.
  • Options
    Same here.... 18 months and that is tough..... two months, well it depends how long you knew him but seriously, you seem a bit clingy!!
  • Options
    It's hard to start but there are things you can do to take your mind of it and get on with your life. And it really is true that things will get better and you will find someone else etc.

I was with my ex for 5 years when she left me for another guy, and now I'm fine, have got on with my life and have started dating again. I feel great, so if I can do it so can you.

Use your friends, talk to them, go out with them, enjoy being single (not haivng to worry about telling someone where you're going or who you're with). Spend time with your family, spend time on relationships that may have suffered in the past (with friends and family). And treat yourself, go to nice places, buy nice things (clothes etc.) and pamper yourself.

In general, just enjoy what you've got. :)
  • Options
    well, that's probably the best idea.. just keep your mind off him and... :chin: chill :D